ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers beats Mataro All-Stars, 101-72

Is Shaq Carter going to start, with Yeboab as instant offense off the bench? I’m wondering...

25% 3P%, yuck.

Don't even think it's surprising anymore to say Harper will be our best player this year.

Is Shaq Carter going to start, with Yeboab as instant offense off the bench? I’m wondering...

Me too but playing Yeboah alongside Johnson makes more sense than playing career with him I think. Carter might be the guy you put in for offense.

Poor competition like this can get you into some bad habits as much as it can improve your game.

We shot about 56% on 2pt shots which, I assume, was due to our height advantage, so rebounding also has to be taken with a grain of salt. Assists were good, nice to see Paul get his first points. Some guys were off their games based on the stats. Silly to predict starting lineups at this point, although I think Harper is better suited for the 3 spot, with Yeboah or Carter at the four. In Coach Pike we trust.

Minutes breakdown:
23:43 - Young
22:10 - Harper
22:09 - Mathis
21:41 - McConnell
20:24 - Johnson
18:53 - Carter
17:29 - Baker
16:45 - Yeboah
14:13 - Kiss
10:25 - Mulcahy
5:19 - Downes
4:52 - Nathan
1:57 - Brooks

Which brings the total minutes over three games to:

58:08 - Baker
57:17 - McConnell
57:08 - Johnson
57:03 - Harper
55:49 - Young
54:36 - Mathis
49:05 - Carter
47:35 - Kiss
47:03 - Mulcahy
46:48 - Yeboah
8:05 - Nathan
7:35 - Downes
3:19 - Brooks

Still keeping the numbers fairly well balanced across the all 10 scholarship players. Still no Lobach, though.

Reactions: ChrisNalwasky
We still don’t know how Docoure will fit into this mix. I tend to see him playing 10-12 minutes a game, tops.
I'll take the under barring injuries. I see us going smaller with Myles and Carter taking the lion's share of the true big minutes and Harper and Yeboah getting time at the 4 too

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT