ADVERTISEMENT

rutgers fan at Wrigley

RUaMoose

Heisman Winner
Oct 31, 2004
Lebanon, TN
Who's the guy with the rutgers hat? Anyone that posts here? Saw him during "take me out to the ballgame" Reds lead the Cubs 6-4, btw

I lived in Chicago for 12 years. Wasn't really a cubs fan so wore my Rutgers gear to many games at Wrigley. Sat behind home plate most of the time so TV was very good.

Right outside wriglley there is a big ten bar street...each big school has a bar...i wonder if rutgers or maryland has a bar there yet?

That was me and I was there with my 12 year old son.

Will post awesome pix of my boy with Todd Frazier who's holding my Rutgers cap, my boy holding a ball he got from Reds catcher Pena, Todd at bat, on deck and heading to the dugout (we sat row 1 behind the Reds dugout so the pix are great.) I told Fraz he's Jersey Strong and we're all real proud of him and he said "I don't see many of you guys". So guys go see the Reds around the country, bring your kids and wear RU red. We had a great time at Wrigley last night. The Reds bullpen gave the game away and the Cubs will no longer be the laughable losers under the Ricketts ownership. Wrigley is being transformed into a state of the art old ballpark and I've been going to Wrigley since 1988, which is a welcome improvement for the die hard fans of Chicago.

Back to Fraz, you can tell he has really settled into being a BIG TIME Major Leaguer...his body language with umps, his teammates, his coaches and the opposing team...he'll be playing in the BIGS for many years so go see him and support him, the Reds and RU.

I'll post the pix in a bit,

Originally posted by RULegion:
Right outside wriglley there is a big ten bar street...each big school has a bar...i wonder if rutgers or maryland has a bar there yet?
I went there in December and I didn't notice a Rutgers bar.

A cool story...my 12 year old son Troy got 2 balls during last night's game and gave his 2nd one to the little boy on his dad Bill's shoulders in the picture who were sitting behind us. The little boy is 2, named Henry and was at his 1st Cubs game. We just met them at the game and Troy who has many balls from many ballparks decided on his own to give one of his to little Henry. All the parents and even kids in our area went up to Troy and congratulated him on his good deed. As a dad I was very proud of him.

Originally posted by SantaFeScarlet:
. All the parents and even kids in our area went up to Troy and congratulated him on his good deed. As a dad I was very proud of him.
Great story. Can't wait for your photos to be posted.

Upload them to an image hosting site then once there should give u a url u can paste into the photograph icon in your post message

Saw Todd Frazier at a Marlins game last year in MIA - pre-game he was stretching and my then 13 year old son and I pointed to the R cap I was wearing and said "GO RU" and he came over as nice as can be and signed a ball for my son. He's also a great ballplayer and Kivlehan hopefully will soon follow in his footsteps.

Fraz_Troy.jpg

My 12 year old son and Fraz Monday night at Wrigley. Fraz's holding my hat.

Troy_Ball.jpg

Troy and Ball 1

Troy_Henry.jpg

Troy after he gave his 2nd ball to Henry the 2 year old boy sitting behind us who was at his 1st Cubs game. Henry's with his dad Bill.

Fraz_2.jpg

Fraz on deck

Fraz_at_Bat.jpg

Fraz at Bat

This post was edited on 4/15 10:32 AM by SantaFeScarlet

This post was edited on 4/15 10:34 AM by SantaFeScarlet

Only time I've been to Wrigley was back in April '98 Cubs/Padres. I was in Chicago for a training class. What I remember was it was as cold as a witches t-t. Also recall Kevin Brown being thrown out of the game in the 1st inning for arguing with the ump. Padres went to the WS that year. Left around the 7th inning. Just too damn cold.

Originally posted by SantaFeScarlet:

A cool story...my 12 year old son Troy got 2 balls during last night's game and gave his 2nd one to the little boy on his dad Bill's shoulders in the picture who were sitting behind us. The little boy is 2, named Henry and was at his 1st Cubs game. We just met them at the game and Troy who has many balls from many ballparks decided on his own to give one of his to little Henry. All the parents and even kids in our area went up to Troy and congratulated him on his good deed. As a dad I was very proud of him.
Great story regarding your son! Proud moment indeed!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT