ADVERTISEMENT

Podcast Rutgers Football Commitment Bonanza Part II

Are there really commitments like the old days or have they really now NIL agreements reached?

Are there really commitments like the old days or have they really now NIL agreements reached?
That is a good question. I was wondering about that myself. It definitely seems as though the NIL system, if it can be called that, has changed things for the recruits. But I don't recall seeing any mention of NIL this weekend as report after report of new commitments came in.

That is a good question. I was wondering about that myself. It definitely seems as though the NIL system, if it can be called that, has changed things for the recruits. But I don't recall seeing any mention of NIL this weekend as report after report of new commitments came in.
Not as many HS kids get NIL deals as people want to believe. At least crazy deals

Not as many HS kids get NIL deals as people want to believe. At least crazy deals

This. Better to throw money at an established 21 year old transfer than an unproven 17 year old that just got his license.

This. Better to throw money at an established 21 year old transfer than an unproven 17 year old that just got his license.

Well that's a nice thought an all but the market determines the result. If someone offers more money the kid's gonna take it, no?

Right but that brings me back to the original question. Are these modern "commitments" really just signed NIL deals? And if so doesn't than make signing day meaningless if a contract to play for NIL money is already signed this weekend?

Or is it like it always was. I'm committed until I'm not and the NIL contract is signed at signing day?

And wouldn't that mean players have to be sure their team offer is still good on signing day and their NIL offer is too before they fax in the paperwork?

Really enjoying the new college football world. SMH

Mist HS kids we may get- 3-low 4 star players are not getting huge pay days. The AD’s/Hamilton’s of the world, they may have been out of our range

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT