ADVERTISEMENT

Football Rutgers Football DB Max Melton declares for 2024 NFL Draft

I saw a few draft analysts last summer predicting his rise into the late 1st round. That's not gonna happen but he's already played 4 years so absolutely lock it in if he gets the 3rd/4th round projection that most analyst have him in now.

Reactions: Kbee3
See him as a 3rd round and 5+ years in the league. so many of our fans downplayed him this year when he went 1:1 with the best WR's in the league and you almost never heard his name except for a couple PI's that most likely, were not PI's.

Any chance next year we see him covering his brother in the NFL ?

Not to derail the thread, but none of these articles mention whether or not he's playing in the bowl game. Are we at a point now where if a guy decides to turn pro, it's automatic that he's skipping his bowl game, if it isn't in the BCS playoffs? It seems to me the reward of a good showing is at least equal to the risk of a long term injury. I'm disappointed if his decision is to skip the bowl game. Of course, it's not my future and won't begrudge any decision he makes. But it sucks to work so hard to achieve a goal and then make a business decision not to enjoy the fruit of that labor.

Not to derail the thread, but none of these articles mention whether or not he's playing in the bowl game. Are we at a point now where if a guy decides to turn pro, it's automatic that he's skipping his bowl game, if it isn't in the BCS playoffs? It seems to me the reward of a good showing is at least equal to the risk of a long term injury. I'm disappointed if his decision is to skip the bowl game. Of course, it's not my future and won't begrudge any decision he makes. But it sucks to work so hard to achieve a goal and then make a business decision not to enjoy the fruit of that labor.

Trevor Lawrence say hi.

Reactions: LeapinLou
I’m no expert. Far from it but my eyes told me he was NFL material 4 years ago. Last guy I stamped early on like that at CB was Logan Ryan and he stood out to me when he was just getting worked into the lineup his freshman year. Logan was more physical but Max can run with anyone.

Good luck Max. Thanks for doing all you did to get us back to a bowl game.

I always think about Jake Butt who was pegged as first rounder or at worst second rounder, tore up his knee and dropped to the 4th round. Was never the same player and now he's calling games on the Big 10 Network.

Senior Bowl and combine is huge. He earned it. He had a much better year than many realize.

I remain a little disappointed that he skipped the Pinstripe Bowl, so take this with a healthy grain of salt. But now that's he's been invited to the Combine, should he skip the Senior Bowl? Isn't he at risk of injury by participating in that game as well?

I think there are a bunch of scouts at the Senior Bowl and they generally do both. Could be wrong on that in the new world we're in though.

I remain a little disappointed that he skipped the Pinstripe Bowl, so take this with a healthy grain of salt. But now that's he's been invited to the Combine, should he skip the Senior Bowl? Isn't he at risk of injury by participating in that game as well?
The senior bowl is much less about the game as it is the drills and everything leading up to it against the best competition. You’ll read draft profiles every year of guys moving up significantly because they “flashed at the senior bowl.”

All star bowl invites are as big as the combine. They get to really watch you in practice and in pads. They learn so much more about you as a player.
You NEVER skip an all star bowl invite..,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT