ADVERTISEMENT

Football Rutgers Football is receiving votes in the latest AP Poll

Kansas State at #25, with a 6-2 record. Admitting a home team bias, I don't see how their 6-2 is better than ours.
Doesn't really matter, going to probably need to win 3 of 4 to finish in top 25 of the regular season. Would love to finish 2-2 with a bowl win and get into the final top 25.

Reactions: Kbee3
NJ.COM Fonseca did not even vote for us but instead has:

Tulane #19
JMU #22
Liberty #25

He is a moron.
This. I don’t subscribe to send in comments but he explained his rationale on the last episode of the Rant that we haven’t beaten anyone. We now have a pair of wins over 4-4 major conference schools. Who have the teams you listed beaten???

Why does that make him a moron? He was only off by a few places for each team?

His ballot is actually pretty accurate
Because he followed all the other morons? Liberty needed to batted balls from inside the five to beat Sam Houston (we have a problem) who is 0-8 and rated just about the worst FBS team this year. Their best win is New Mexico St who lost to UMASS this year. LOL

Tulane's only decent win was Memphis who struggled to beat Navy 28-24 by forcing them to turn it over on downs in the red zone in the last minute.

JMU just squeaked out a huge win over ODU this past weekend and their only P5 win was an amazing 4th qtr comeback 36-35 over UVA who absolutely stinks.

Reactions: Kbee3 and RUTGERS95
This. I don’t subscribe to send in comments but he explained his rationale on the last episode of the Rant that we haven’t beaten anyone. We now have a pair of wins over 4-4 major conference schools. Who have the teams you listed beaten???
see my post right above

they have played and beaten garbage, absolute garbage, but the moron hasn't taken the time to even figure that out before voting.

Reactions: Kbee3

To me, It’s not who they beat as much as it was how they beat them.

They’ve been pretty dominant

see my post right above

they have played and beaten garbage, absolute garbage, but the moron hasn't taken the time to even figure that out before voting.
Why single out Fonseca if they’re all morons? Do you think Fonseca should be biased and because he covers Rutgers, vote for them?

Reactions: Doctor Worm
Why single out Fonseca if they’re all morons? Do you think Fonseca should be biased and because he covers Rutgers, vote for them?

Guessing you don’t listen to the Rant. I’m assume the poster who made the comment singled him out because last week on the podcast Fonseca made the comment that this specifically was why he personally didn’t have us ranked.

Reactions: wisr01
Guessing you don’t listen to the Rant. I’m assume the poster who made the comment singled him out because last week on the podcast Fonseca made the comment that this specifically was why he personally didn’t have us ranked.

I don’t listen to the rant…

So he said he thinks we’re a top 25 team but because he covers us, he didn’t vote for us?

I don’t listen to the rant…

So he said he thinks we’re a top 25 team but because he covers us, he didn’t vote for us?

No - I think at one point he may have said that if we had beaten Wisconsin, he’d have us ranked right now around 22-23 which would have been good enough to get us ranked overall.

The main point he was making was that the reason he doesn’t have us ranked is because we haven’t beaten anyone decent. Politi challenged him though on our MOV and pointed to some teams that are ranked 20-25 or receiving votes. He didnt seem to have a good answer.

No - I think at one point he may have said that if we had beaten Wisconsin, he’d have us ranked right now around 22-23 which would have been good enough to get us ranked overall.

The main point he was making was that the reason he doesn’t have us ranked is because we haven’t beaten anyone decent. Politi challenged him though on our MOV and pointed to some teams that are ranked 20-25 or receiving votes. He didnt seem to have a good answer.

Fair criticism, I just don’t see how that makes him a moron like the other poster called him.

Again, his ballot is pretty good in relation to the actual top 25, so I think he’s been one of the more accurate pollsters this week.

This

Fair criticism, I just don’t see how that makes him a moron like the other poster called him.

Again, his ballot is pretty good in relation to the actual top 25, so I think he’s been one of the more accurate pollsters this week.

It was a while ago so I’d have to listen to it again. Politi challenged him on other teams that don’t have any big wins either and he seemed to take a step back. Air Force maybe? You almost sensed he would re-evaluate. I kind of expected we might get a vote from him following the NW and VTech wins based on the listen. Those teams are both a heck of a lot better than anyone Air Force has beaten.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT