ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Rutgers Football lands 2025 Washington DC Safety Tariq Hayer

oh boy dunk GIF

Reactions: Knight Shift
Are you kidding me. Recruiting is on fire. This is a great, great get and really needed after the current seniors graduate.

Reactions: Knight Shift
It will be an excellent recruiting near no matter what . Figure 33 in the final tally but ya never know if we get a couple of more 4**** players. Great job so far.

This is looking like the best RUTGERS recruiting class ever, even when the B1G colleges get more four stars. We are not done yet either.

Even if we get 2-3 four stars this year, it still will not sniff 2012's class.

And what did we do under Flood with that class? We were a mediocre club after we shat the bed against Kent State?

Get into DC and Delmarva and recruiting will get interesting. With FL, GA and our traditional NJ,NY,PA.

Reactions: satnom
Get into DC and Delmarva and recruiting will get interesting. With FL, GA and our traditional NJ,NY,PA.
Maryland obviously has done well in those two areas.
Maryland also has an ace recruiter back for a second stint Aazaar Abdul-Rahim, who was at BC with Hafley, but bolted when Hafley left.

you are blaming the 2012 season collapse on those true freshman?

There are plenty of things to blame Flood for during that era including lackluster output from the upper class pipeline Schiano left behind (such as Nova’s performance in that game).

But when it comes to that stellar recruiting class - Sevon Huggins was simply a bust. I don’t see how you could blame that on Flood in one breath seeing how a kid like Paul James emerged as a very good player despite being a walk on under the same regime. Can’t have it both ways - can’t be that Huggins didn’t develop because Flood couldn’t coach RBs. The answer is - he wouldn’t have lived up to his 5 star rating under any coach. Take him out of that class and what was it ranked? Still high but not at the same level.

There are plenty of things to blame Flood for during that era including lackluster output from the upper class pipeline Schiano left behind (such as Nova’s performance in that game).

But when it comes to that stellar recruiting class - Sevon Huggins was simply a bust. I don’t see how you could blame that on Flood in one breath seeing how a kid like Paul James emerged as a very good player despite being a walk on under the same regime. Can’t have it both ways - can’t be that Huggins didn’t develop because Flood couldn’t coach RBs. The answer is - he wouldn’t have lived up to his 5 star rating under any coach. Take him out of that class and what was it ranked? Still high but not at the same level.
Huggins was a sophomore in 2012

Reactions: mdk01
Even if we get 2-3 four stars this year, it still will not sniff 2012's class.
There's a lot of depth in this class. The majority are high 3 star/borderline 4 star types. Wouldn't be surprised if.we end with with 2, 3, 4 four star guys

There's a lot of depth in this class. The majority are high 3 star/borderline 4 star types. Wouldn't be surprised if.we end with with 2, 3, 4 four star guys

I think you need to go back and look at the 2012 class again. It was also extremely deep, only had 8 players that were below a 5.7 three-star (one of which was Federico), and included a top ~10 player nationally. This class will not be close to it. I'm not saying this class isn't great so far (it is), but people are easily forgetting how good 2012 was.

Huggins wasn't part of the 2012 class. We're talking about the Hamilton/Carroo class.

The 2012 class had about 8 **** players… we never reached the level we should have… wasn’t Schiano that’s the point .

I think you need to go back and look at the 2012 class again. It was also extremely deep, only had 8 players that were below a 5.7 three-star (one of which was Federico), and included a top ~10 player nationally. This class will not be close to it. I'm not saying this class isn't great so far (it is), but people are easily forgetting how good 2012 was.
I agree with you, it's shaping up to be the best class since 2012. Probably ends up low 30s or possibly top 30

Reactions: 93RUDoc
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT