ADVERTISEMENT

Podcast Rutgers Football Season Preview Extravaganza Part 1: Offense

I'd love to learn what's being discussed in these podcasts, but I lack the patience to sit through podcasts (by anyone on any subject). I don't know how prevalent that is, but I do have several acquaintances who are just like me in that. I vastly prefer reading information to having it spoken in podcasts or videos. Even listening to a video of a short press conference is a bit painful and tests my patience.

Any chance there are (possibly automated) transcripts we can read?

Reactions: Kbee3
I'd love to learn what's being discussed in these podcasts, but I lack the patience to sit through podcasts (by anyone on any subject). I don't know how prevalent that is, but I do have several acquaintances who are just like me in that. I vastly prefer reading information to having it spoken in podcasts or videos. Even listening to a video of a short press conference is a bit painful and tests my patience.

So, it's not just me ?

Reactions: mildone

Pick the YT version and then change the playback to 2x.

Reactions: IL Lusciato
I would guess it's a not entirely uncommon thing with people who read quickly.
For me podcasts are worthless since i spend most of my time on this board at work... where i can take a 10 min break, read an article or read some info or look at the board, then get back to work.
what i can't do at work is sit on a 45 minute podcast and listen to people talk about sports... id' much rather just read a summary

Pick the YT version and then change the playback to 2x.
I guess a lot of people don't realize that with YouTube videos, one can click "Show Transcript" and read through the content of the podcast?

E.g.:

all right welcome to a very special crossover Edition uh with the night report and Scarlet faithful and night

0:16
watch all getting together for our season previews it's going to be a three-part special so this first part is

0:21
going to be a look back to last year and the offensive preview second part is going to be defense and special teams

0:28
preview and the third part is going to be a schedule prediction where we all give our predictions on how every game

0:34
of the season is going to go uh but first I kind of want to go around the room I'm sure most of you listening will

0:40
probably know who most of us are already but in case you don't uh I'll introduce myself I'm Mike Broadbent I'm the host

0:46
of the night report podcast and a contributor to the night report on rivals.com uh David Anderson is next to

0:53
me you want to introduce yourself sure my name is David Anderson I'm a frequent guest on Aaron's podcast the Scarlet

1:00
Spotlight and I'm the main Rucker contributor to off tackle Empire at the

1:06
moment yes and uh that's a good queue it's actually the Scarlet faithful but I'm glad we got a a lap in

1:15
early uh you might have to edit that it's fair it's fair to Tribute uh John

1:20
Newman and Danny brear but uh the Scarlet faithful David wrote for me on the banks where I was editor and chief

1:25
for many years I've had the SC faithful podcast for two years now cover Rucker sports for nine years I've been a fan

1:32
for multiple decades based on the color of my beard and uh glad we've been

1:37
talking about this for a while and happy that we're able to do this so if you're a longtime listener to Scarlet faithful

1:43
thanks for listening once again and uh to those KTR Night Watch listeners uh appreciate the opportunity to to be in

1:50
front of you and Larry Kay with Night Watch I was a writer for Aaron as well for on the

1:56
banks for a while long time poster on the on the Forum there with the night

2:01
report long time listener to both you guys write a little bit for a site called the college huddle right now

2:07
appear on Aron show got my first appearance on tkr recently uh and night watch the name's there that's my channel

2:13
happy to be here guys really appreciate it I introducing myself yeah you're introducing okay my name is Richie oerry

2:21
uh I'm the publisher of the night report I've been covering Ruckers for approaching the 10 year mark now um done

2:26
everything from recruiting coverage to team coverage and now uh entering the podcast feere so uh yeah it's been

2:33
fun all right well now that we've table set and everyone knows everyone's name I'm going to do a quick ad read and then we'll get into the bulk of the show uh

2:40
this podcast is present to you in part by Night and Day apparel get ready for football and tailgating season with night day imp perel uh our apparel is

Reactions: mildone
For me podcasts are worthless since i spend most of my time on this board at work... where i can take a 10 min break, read an article or read some info or look at the board, then get back to work.
what i can't do at work is sit on a 45 minute podcast and listen to people talk about sports... id' much rather just read a summary
I'd love to read the entire transcript. Reading it would take less than a tenth the time it would take to listen to a podcast or video.

I guess a lot of people don't realize that with YouTube videos, one can click "Show Transcript" and read through the content of the podcast?

E.g.:

all right welcome to a very special crossover Edition uh with the night report and Scarlet faithful and night

0:16
watch all getting together for our season previews it's going to be a three-part special so this first part is

0:21
going to be a look back to last year and the offensive preview second part is going to be defense and special teams

0:28
preview and the third part is going to be a schedule prediction where we all give our predictions on how every game

0:34
of the season is going to go uh but first I kind of want to go around the room I'm sure most of you listening will

0:40
probably know who most of us are already but in case you don't uh I'll introduce myself I'm Mike Broadbent I'm the host

0:46
of the night report podcast and a contributor to the night report on rivals.com uh David Anderson is next to

0:53
me you want to introduce yourself sure my name is David Anderson I'm a frequent guest on Aaron's podcast the Scarlet

1:00
Spotlight and I'm the main Rucker contributor to off tackle Empire at the

1:06
moment yes and uh that's a good queue it's actually the Scarlet faithful but I'm glad we got a a lap in

1:15
early uh you might have to edit that it's fair it's fair to Tribute uh John

1:20
Newman and Danny brear but uh the Scarlet faithful David wrote for me on the banks where I was editor and chief

1:25
for many years I've had the SC faithful podcast for two years now cover Rucker sports for nine years I've been a fan

1:32
for multiple decades based on the color of my beard and uh glad we've been

1:37
talking about this for a while and happy that we're able to do this so if you're a longtime listener to Scarlet faithful

1:43
thanks for listening once again and uh to those KTR Night Watch listeners uh appreciate the opportunity to to be in

1:50
front of you and Larry Kay with Night Watch I was a writer for Aaron as well for on the

1:56
banks for a while long time poster on the on the Forum there with the night

2:01
report long time listener to both you guys write a little bit for a site called the college huddle right now

2:07
appear on Aron show got my first appearance on tkr recently uh and night watch the name's there that's my channel

2:13
happy to be here guys really appreciate it I introducing myself yeah you're introducing okay my name is Richie oerry

2:21
uh I'm the publisher of the night report I've been covering Ruckers for approaching the 10 year mark now um done

2:26
everything from recruiting coverage to team coverage and now uh entering the podcast feere so uh yeah it's been

2:33
fun all right well now that we've table set and everyone knows everyone's name I'm going to do a quick ad read and then we'll get into the bulk of the show uh

2:40
this podcast is present to you in part by Night and Day apparel get ready for football and tailgating season with night day imp perel uh our apparel is
I never knew about this feature. And it was bit hard to find. The old way was apparently clicking the 3 dots under the video. But that no longer works.

The current way to see an automated transcript is to click the "more" link at the bottom right of the video description, you might need to scroll down a bit to see it, and then you'll see a "Show Transcript" link/button. Clicking that displays a transcript over on the right hand side of the page.

A problem with this transcription is that the automatically generated transcript text is split up in a way that makes it a bit difficult to read quickly, although I could work around that with practice. The bigger problem is that you don't know who is saying what - there's no labeling to identify which person in the podcast/video is saying the transcribed text.

I guess capturing who said what is tricker to do in a fully automated way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT