ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers football training camp: Greg Schiano's takeaways following 1st scrimmage

I like how GS responded to the question about how he feels about some people in the media talking about RUFB being a contender for the playoffs and all. GS says "it's toxic". Says if you just leave it sitting there, okay, but if you start drinking that crap, then it's toxic. Totally agree with that.

Overall, it was a decently informative press conference, I thought. And I'll say this for him, he's pretty obviously a better head coach now than the last time he was here. He's a very smart guy, in terms of raw intelligence, which always helps. But more importantly, he's a continual improvement type - with himself not just his teams - and it shows.

Still not sure if he can get the job done here. But I have more confidence in him now than I did his first time at RU.

Reactions: Lerxst72
I like how GS responded to the question about how he feels about some people in the media talking about RUFB being a contender for the playoffs and all. GS says "it's toxic". Says if you just leave it sitting there, okay, but if you start drinking that crap, then it's toxic. Totally agree with that.

Overall, it was a decently informative press conference, I thought. And I'll say this for him, he's pretty obviously a better head coach now than the last time he was here. He's a very smart guy, in terms of raw intelligence, which always helps. But more importantly, he's a continual improvement type - with himself not just his teams - and it shows.

Still not sure if he can get the job done here. But I have more confidence in him now than I did his first time at RU.

Anyone who is unhappy with how he’s handled 2.0 just isn’t being realistic in terms of what we could hope or expect from a coach. Outside of QB - every single position group has steadily improved year over year since he’s been back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT