ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Hires Softball Head Coach

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Reigning MAC Coach of the Year has turned around Toledo’s program over the last four seasons

"We are proud to announce Kristen Butler as the next leader of Rutgers Softball," said Director of Athletics Patrick Hobbs. "Kristen is a proven program builder, but what most impresses me are the countless reports of best-in-class student-athlete experience under her guidance. She was a decorated student-athlete and a standout professional, so the young women at Rutgers are in great hands."

https://scarletknights.com/news/2018/6/8/kristen-butler-hired-as-rutgers-softball-head-coach.aspx

Sounds like a solid hire. Hope she can get us there. Best wishes on her success.

GREAT hire, this is the coach we needed to get the program moving in the right direction. Seriously, she is as good a coach as we could possibly have gotten. Looking forward to the next few years of turning this program around!

Reactions: bigmatt718
OK these are the types of hires I've always been clamoring for. The best of G5 should be our recruiting grounds for coaches. Doesn't mean they'll work out, but they have the experience and have proven to be capable of getting the job done.

This is a VERY good hire IMHO:

- she’s young...yet Managed to turn around the first program she was ever a head coach at

- She was a catcher. Softball catchers, I’m sure just like baseball, likely make many of the best head coaches

Reactions: bigmatt718
Looks like a home run hire based on her track record! I would love to see us with a strong softball program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT