ADVERTISEMENT

Football Rutgers inks WRs coach Dave Brock to new contract extension

1. Keeping the staff together seems like a wise move, but I wonder if this would be considered a good move considering the play at the receiver position isn't considered a strength.
  2. Might not be Brock's fault and he's doing a good enough job to deserve an extension

1. Keeping the staff together seems like a wise move, but I wonder if this would be considered a good move considering the play at the receiver position isn't considered a strength.
  2. Might not be Brock's fault and he's doing a good enough job to deserve an extension
The WR's seemed to be playing the position better...we just don't have massive talent in the room. Dremel stepped up his game in a big way, Washington would have most likely been a 3 at most B1G schools , Jackson was coming out of a much lower division and Strong actually looked like he could be something as a freshman.
And we didn't have even average QB'ing...

It took a jump in 2023 as opposed to 2022, but end of the day they need better QB play to take the next step.

Current receivers are dollar store compared to RU's BE receivers.
None of them start on other B1G teams.
Teel and Savage and even Nova would be stuck.
They are weak at contested balls, they don't shine with long passes (where contested balls are standard).
They often get dusted over the middle (where Wimsatt is good).
Can't have a WR corps where the "best" WR has under 500 yds and 3 TDs - those are B stats.
Wimsatt had his struggles but he passes better long but cant to current WRs
Need a WR who can sprint, leap and fight DBs like Sanu (who helped Dodd a lot!)
RU receiver corps was predicted to be weak and it was

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT