ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Men’s Lacrosse Heads to No. 4/5 Maryland for Saturday on BTN

Agreed. Good news is the guys believe in that considering they just won at Michigan. Been a rough year with injuries and though this may not be the team as built, it’s crunch time. A hallmark of Brecht teams is they are almost always playing their best in April and May. Saturday is a big opportunity. Maryland is always going to have great talent, be extremely well coached and play hard. We need to be the hardest team on the field to have a chance. This Maryland team is very good. Out of all the Maryland teams I’ve seen in the last 6 years, this rendition is probably the most gettable. Tall order but not impossible. Confidence is a funny thing in sports and after last weekend we have it.

Reactions: Wagram97
Agreed. Good news is the guys believe in that considering they just won at Michigan. Been a rough year with injuries and though this may not be the team as built, it’s crunch time. A hallmark of Brecht teams is they are almost always playing their best in April and May. Saturday is a big opportunity. Maryland is always going to have great talent, be extremely well coached and play hard. We need to be the hardest team on the field to have a chance. This Maryland team is very good. Out of all the Maryland teams I’ve seen in the last 6 years, this rendition is probably the most gettable. Tall order but not impossible. Confidence is a funny thing in sports and after last weekend we have it.
One thing I missed when watching the game, but saw on the replay, was the excitement and emotion displayed by Brecht at the end. If there is any one that doesn't think he lives and dies for the team, just look at the end of the Michigan game. And the entire team was fired up, hopefully they bring that for Maryland.

Reactions: mattkamish
Are you going to the Penn St game?
I'm certainly hopeful about getting to the game. I met Brecht a couple of years ago, and since then always get invited to the Alumni festivities. Just tough on a Friday night and depends on, as always, how helpful my clients are to my schedule.

Quick story, was at the game in '22, but in the stands, we had to leave towards the end due to dinner reservations with friends. Stayed as long as possible but had to eventually leave. Told my wife to drive and I would just stream the game. We leave, on the road, streaming the game. At the end of regulation, Scott goes to shoot and...it freezes. For like a minute it's just Scott in his shooting motion frozen on the screen. I'm shouting, my son is shouting, and my wife is shouting since she's trying to drive. Finally unfreezes and Scott had the shot. Never schedule dinner reservations tight with the end of a game.

One thing I missed when watching the game, but saw on the replay, was the excitement and emotion displayed by Brecht at the end. If there is any one that doesn't think he lives and dies for the team, just look at the end of the Michigan game. And the entire team was fired up, hopefully they bring that for Maryland.
I spent a few minutes talking with BB right after the game on Sunday night and he was very excited and pleased with his team, the effort, and the outcome. He had some funny comments for me which I’ll keep to myself but let’s just say he knows what college I root for in the state of Michigan 😏

On another note, it’s really really hard to win at this level. People post, complain about kids and coaches and I’m not gonna tell people what to post…it’s a board and I actually enjoy the good and the bad here…but trust me when I say this…if you/we feel bad after a loss…I can promise you the kids and the staff feel exponentially worse…they pour it all in…do kids make mistake, yep…do staffs make mistakes…yep…but these guys and kids are 100% emotionally invested in what they do

When you do win, enjoy it…

My kids have told me on a number of occasions…it’s really hard to win

Last edited:
Great story. If you make it to the alum event let me know. Would be good to meet
Actually I’m pretty sure @Caliknight and I had more than one drink that night at Old Queens…that was a hell of a game and senior night…I was not feeling well on my flight home to Detroit the next day 😏

So many great memories good and bad…that 22 PSU game was something…our kids didn’t have their best that day but they never panicked….what a finish

This Terp team isn’t close to the 21 and 22 versions…but they’re still very good defensively, in goal and at the FO dot…

They are not an offensive power

I'm certainly hopeful about getting to the game. I met Brecht a couple of years ago, and since then always get invited to the Alumni festivities. Just tough on a Friday night and depends on, as always, how helpful my clients are to my schedule.

Quick story, was at the game in '22, but in the stands, we had to leave towards the end due to dinner reservations with friends. Stayed as long as possible but had to eventually leave. Told my wife to drive and I would just stream the game. We leave, on the road, streaming the game. At the end of regulation, Scott goes to shoot and...it freezes. For like a minute it's just Scott in his shooting motion frozen on the screen. I'm shouting, my son is shouting, and my wife is shouting since she's trying to drive. Finally unfreezes and Scott had the shot. Never schedule dinner reservations tight with the end of a game.
Great memories from that day/night

Great story @Wagram97

I spent a few minutes talking with BB right after the game on Sunday night and he was very excited and pleased with his team, the effort, and the outcome. He had some funny comments for me which I’ll keep to myself but let’s just say he knows what college I root for in the state of Michigan 😏

On another note, it’s really really hard to win at this level. People post, complain about kids and coaches and I’m not gonna tell people what to post…it’s a board and I actually enjoy the good and the bad here…but trust me when I say this…if you/we feel bad after a loss…I can promise you the kids and the staff feel exponentially worse…they pour it all in…do kids make mistake, yep…do staffs make mistakes…yep…but these guys and kids are 100% emotionally invested in what they do

When you do win, enjoy it…

My kids have told me on a number of occasions…it’s really hard to win

Any chance they revive that program? At one point it existed.

Any chance they revive that program? At one point it existed.
Always some rumblings, but it comes down to money and adding a women’s team to match. A lot of people at MSU want the sport back…but the environment right now (NIL arms race) has people focused elsewhere…

This Terp team isn’t close to the 21 and 22 versions…but they’re still very good defensively, in goal and at the FO dot…

They are not an offensive power

Strange confluence. Got word today my prep school sr. year lax coach passed away at 86. He took a 2-9, 3-8, 3-8 team to 5-6 while suspending the 2 leading scorers half way through the season for rules violations. Lost to Lawrenceville 4-1,, so you know it had an impact. State of Pa. Champion 2 years late. Won 6 in his 25 years as head coach and produced something like 15 HS AAs. Two Maryland players. Schaller (4 years) and Kolar (PG) are alums.

Reactions: mattkamish
Strange confluence. Got word today my prep school sr. year lax coach passed away at 86. He took a 2-9, 3-8, 3-8 team to 5-6 while suspending the 2 leading scorers half way through the season for rules violations. Lost to Lawrenceville 4-1,, so you know it had an impact. State of Pa. Champion 2 years late. Won 6 in his 25 years as head coach and produced something like 15 HS AAs. Two Maryland players. Schaller (4 years) and Kolar (PG) are alums.

@gef21, has word gotten around the MAPL, though Harry Price retired before Hill joined.

Any word on Rizzotti and Kelly for tonight?

Have not seen the defense this good and physical. Really impressed with how they have come together.

Reactions: mdk01
Great to see Kurdyla scoring goals for us. He was Maryland’s top recruit on their board. Huge plus for us and a negative for them.

Win lose or draw the kids are laying It out there. Gotta love the effort. From a tactical standpoint. We are using cutters much more making effectively

Ugh. Tough one.

One spot Cardin is susceptible is between the legs on alley shots

Know we’re down 2 but have been impressed with the team. Giving everything they’ve got, defense has been excellent. Just with Maryland you have to be perfect.

Reactions: Leonard23
Their goalie steals a few every game that would go on most anyone. It’s almost like he has a direct line into the brain of the shooters. I’d like to see some outside bouncers

Reactions: Leonard23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT