ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Men's Lacrosse releases 2019 schedule

I appreciate all of the perspective on the schedule. The only comment that I am struggling with is Cali's view that the only games that would be considered WTF losses this year are Lafayette and St. Johns. I know he was making a broader point about the improvement in many programs and the increased number of kids participating in the sport at a high level, but if we are to be taken seriously as a contender for an NCAA berth, I think you would need to add the likes of Hofstra, Fairfield and Lehigh to that list.

It’s great you guys can see games and practices so easily. One of the recent alums I spoke with brought it to my attention. With so many kids who are from the area or stay in the area after graduating, seeing games is so easy. Kids from many other schools don’t have that accessibility.
It is pretty cool that he allows us so much access and that the kids are really cool and friendly which allows us to get to know them even better. I am not sure that random people can get access to practice but, I am sure you would be able to go just about whenever you want.

Last edited:
Reactions: Golfer2019
It’s great you guys can see games and practices so easily. One of the recent alums I spoke with brought it to my attention. With so many kids who are from the area or stay in the area after graduating, seeing games is so easy. Kids from many other schools don’t have that accessibility.
A little different context, but as I put Brennan on a flight this afternoon back to NJ from Detroit, it does suck not being close...wish we were closer so it wasn't so difficult to get to scrimmages and games...certainly a benefit to those that are within a 60 min drive of campus. At this point, that's the only downside to his decision to transfer to RU

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving weekend

A little different context, but as I put Brennan on a flight this afternoon back to NJ from Detroit, it does suck not being close...wish we were closer so it wasn't so difficult to get to scrimmages and games...certainly a benefit to those that are within a 60 min drive of campus. At this point, that's the only downside to his decision to transfer to RU

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving weekend
At least you do t have to fly from Ca. :)

I appreciate all of the perspective on the schedule. The only comment that I am struggling with is Cali's view that the only games that would be considered WTF losses this year are Lafayette and St. Johns. I know he was making a broader point about the improvement in many programs and the increased number of kids participating in the sport at a high level, but if we are to be taken seriously as a contender for an NCAA berth, I think you would need to add the likes of Hofstra, Fairfield and Lehigh to that list.
I would add Fairfield. Hofstra and Lehigh are viewed as solid programs. Both could easily make the tourney themselves.

It is pretty cool that he allows us so much access and that the kids are really cool and friendly which allows us to get to know them even better. I am not sure that random people can get access to practice but, I am sure you would be able to go just about whenever you want.

Outside of the obvious on the field product, one of the best things, if not the best, is getting all the alums back in the fold. He’s always been very accessible and welcoming. He gets that aspect of coaching really, really well.

Reactions: scottsdaleal
At least you do t have to fly from Ca. :)
Well that's very true...as a guy that's up in the air almost every week, that's a long haul...

I guess I'll stop complaining about my 65 minute flight between DTW and EWR...

I'll be there for game one vs Lafayette...can't wait

Reactions: Caliknight
Hope to meet you in person. I am always there for the alum event, but will be at one additional game this year at least. Just not sure which one yet. It will be early in the season though.

Well that's very true...as a guy that's up in the air almost every week, that's a long haul...

I guess I'll stop complaining about my 65 minute flight between DTW and EWR...

I'll be there for game one vs Lafayette...can't wait
Ex-Rutgers Scott Bieda is on Lafayette staff.

Coach Brecht is starting to get a nice little coaching tree. Lots of recent grads have started coaching at the high school level too.
That's huge for future recruiting. Id love to get a recruiting stake in Philly. The Philly Catholic League, and the public/private schools in the Main Line have plenty of lax talent.

That's huge for future recruiting. Id love to get a recruiting stake in Philly. The Philly Catholic League, and the public/private schools in the Main Line have plenty of lax talent.
A feather in the cap of the coach. Great that you mentioned it.

A former Rutgers Grad coaches at Conestoga HS does not appear to be helping, as well as at Manhasset on LI. That being said PA has a lot of talented kids and it would be great to get kids from that area.

Reactions: bigmatt718
Anyone looking for a gig? I need to add an assistant to staff. haha

How much are you paying? Where did Rory go?

Rory Still there. All my assistants coming back but the program is growing. Were at 90+ kids on all 3 levels with only 8 seniors and 35 8th graders coming up next year.

Pay can be discussed.

Hope to meet you in person. I am always there for the alum event, but will be at one additional game this year at least. Just not sure which one yet. It will be early in the season though.
Looking forward to meeting you...we will make it happen...

I'm in for the Lafayette game

My wife is coming in for Army

Both of us plus son #2 are coming in for Loyola (my younger son wants to watch his future team)

I'll be in NJ alone for a double catching both Princeton and Lehigh on the same trip

And I'm driving to Syracuse from Detroit to see that one...

That's all I have planned for now...it gets tricky after that as son #2 starts up senior year and I don't want to miss many of his last HS games

But depending on how things are going I'll get to all the Big Ten games starting with an easy trip to Columbus

Lots of planning, but hopefully lots of fun

Rory Still there. All my assistants coming back but the program is growing. Were at 90+ kids on all 3 levels with only 8 seniors and 35 8th graders coming up next year.

Pay can be discussed.
That is great for you and the program. I believe that all of the HEad Coaching jobs are now full except one. They are a few guys out there I will ask around and keep my ears open.

Looking forward to meeting you...we will make it happen...

I'm in for the Lafayette game

My wife is coming in for Army

Both of us plus son #2 are coming in for Loyola (my younger son wants to watch his future team)

I'll be in NJ alone for a double catching both Princeton and Lehigh on the same trip

And I'm driving to Syracuse from Detroit to see that one...

That's all I have planned for now...it gets tricky after that as son #2 starts up senior year and I don't want to miss many of his last HS games

But depending on how things are going I'll get to all the Big Ten games starting with an easy trip to Columbus

Lots of planning, but hopefully lots of fun
Sounds like a lot of figuring stuff out. I will be at all of the home games until our season starts. I hope to see you at some point. I would love to talk to you about the recruiting process for your sons.

That is great for you and the program. I believe that all of the HEad Coaching jobs are now full except one. They are a few guys out there I will ask around and keep my ears open.

Thanks. I was shocked at the amount of head coaching jobs open in the state this year.

Sounds like a lot of figuring stuff out. I will be at all of the home games until our season starts. I hope to see you at some point. I would love to talk to you about the recruiting process for your sons.
Sent you a message in a direct conversation (I think it worked) I can chat anytime directly if you want...

Thanks. I was shocked at the amount of head coaching jobs open in the state this year.
And last year as well, but also it was somewhat surprising who left. You know the stresses of coaching

And last year as well, but also it was somewhat surprising who left. You know the stresses of coaching

Absolutely to both. Being 13 minutes from school is huge for me now. Helps a lot. My previous head coaching job I was teaching 30 minutes away, and lived 45 minutes away. Changing jobs last year was a blessing.

Coach Brecht is starting to get a nice little coaching tree. Lots of recent grads have started coaching at the high school level too.

Don't forget Mike Diehl at Montclair High School. Some excellent underclassmen coming up in the future.

Diehl never played for BB but I get your point. There are lots of former RU guys out there coaching

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT