ADVERTISEMENT

Football Rutgers opens as double digit underdogs to MSU

Yes the streak is humiliating.
However no real road games this year.
An empty stadium in East Lansing is basically a neutral site game.
[/QUOTE} NOT humiliating at all .Can't expect wins when the team is operating without COACHES.

Yes, but being a freaking mess for a number of years, including last year, is a bit of a read on the team right now. It's hard to impossible to flip a team around in one year because you can't flip the whole roste. And landing a rosterfull of good recruits and players is a process that occurs over time. Yes, maybe better coaching by Schiano and staff will help (though, on the other hand, the staff had very little time with the players in person, much less coaching them in person). And yes, he has turned over the roster somewhat more than you ordinarily see with a new coach. But still, what we were just last year is a helpful read on what we are.

That said, I'd forgotten how much MSU had dropped off.
Drop the next to last sentence.and I would agree with you.

disagree.
Going 3 seasons without a Conference win is humiliating for any RU fan despite who the Coach is.

Maybe I missed it. Has RU named a starting QB yet? Anyone who claims to have a read on this game is lying to themselves.

Line already shows the difference that Schiano (as versus Ash) has made. Last year, we were 20.5 point underdogs, playing at home against a MSU team that had lost 5 in a row coming into the game. Only being 11.5 point underdogs at MSU is a sign of respect from the bookmakers.

Reactions: dontestrond
ESPN Scoreboard has the line at MSU -7.5.
MSU doesn't have a lot of starters or 2 deep returning from last year with a coach for one year at Colorado 5-7 vs. a .500 coach In Schiano 68-67. We have many more returning starters and 2 deep than them.

Last edited:
Reactions: biker7766
You should win this game with Vedral at QB. Heavy dose of his legs and Pacheco. Win this game on the road, BTN, ESPN and regional media will be all over Schiano’s nut sack all week. I bet.

Reactions: Scarlet Blind
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT