ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Postgame Press Conference - Maryland

The first question and CVS's answer regarding the officiating was interesting. I don't recall ever seeing any of those three at an RU game prior to yesterday.

Maybe it's my scarlet-tinted glasses but it seems the WBB Officials seem to look more at the ranking when calling a game. Maryland (and other ranked teams) seem to get more 50-50 calls than unranked teams.

Reactions: Esipos1
The first question and CVS's answer regarding the officiating was interesting. I don't recall ever seeing any of those three at an RU game prior to yesterday.

Maybe it's my scarlet-tinted glasses but it seems the WBB Officials seem to look more at the ranking when calling a game. Maryland (and other ranked teams) seem to get more 50-50 calls than unranked teams.
I believe that is generally true in WBB officiating. Star treatment and all that. It is (ultimately) seeing what you expect to see.

As to the 3 officials, that was the 4th time RU had Kevin Pethel this year. Mark Resch and Metta Roberts were the first time.

Metta Roberts has been around awhile, although I wouldn't recognize him / her - I don't even know which. But I associate them more with the SEC.

Reactions: RUClassof67
I thought the officiating on Sunday was atrocious! A team can't play Maryland and the refs and be expected to win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT