ADVERTISEMENT

Podcast Rutgers Season Preview Extravaganza Part 3: Season Predictions

To me a trap game is one that Rutgers is favored to win, but lays an egg. I would pick Maryland. Maryland has a new QB, they lost skill players, the guys want to make last year's loss right and if Rutgers loses it would be very disappointing. Same with Illinois. Aaron picking Akron could be a trap game but with it only being the 2nd game I can't see the team playing flat footed in that game. If Rutgers loses to Akron not only would this board melt down, the entire country would be laughing at us after all the black horse talk.

Reactions: Knight Shift
To me a trap game is one that Rutgers is favored to win, but lays an egg. I would pick Maryland. Maryland has a new QB, they lost skill players, the guys want to make last year's loss right and if Rutgers loses it would be very disappointing. Same with Illinois. Aaron picking Akron could be a trap game but with it only being the 2nd game I can't see the team playing flat footed in that game. If Rutgers loses to Akron not only would this board melt down, the entire country would be laughing at us after all the black horse talk.
Maryland lost their top 6 offensive lineman. So they have to start from scratch. The top returning Olineman has only 6 starts in his career. They’re hoping their 3 transfer portal guys are all home runs.

Akron??? We lose to them…pack it in

The thing is - Akron’s D is supposed to be pretty good and we don’t know yet who is injured. If you take half of our OL out of the game and put second teamers in it suddenly becomes an even match ups in the trenches. Hopefully not, but possibility can be ruled out.

The thing is - Akron’s D is supposed to be pretty good and we don’t know yet who is injured. If you take half of our OL out of the game and put second teamers in it suddenly becomes an even match ups in the trenches. Hopefully not, but possibility can be ruled out.
Doesn’t matter- if it is close- pack it in

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT