ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers to participate in Players Era, an NIL Incentivized Tournament

Some good news! Let’s go! @Richie O does this provide an injection of cash for a big boost to the budget for a big man? Gotta think it helps?

How does the money get split up among the players? Is there a formula, or does the team decide?

There are 2 SEC teams, Alabama and Texas A&M, in this as well. I would think they will try to avoid conference teams playing each other unless it can't be avoided. Rutgers and Oregon is only playing once in 24-25 and probably the same for Alabama and Texas A&M might allow for it to happen.

Reactions: biker7766 and RU82
There are 2 SEC teams, Alabama and Texas A&M, in this as well. I would think they will try to avoid conference teams playing each other unless it can't be avoided. Rutgers and Oregon is only playing once in 24-25 and probably the same for Alabama and Texas A&M might allow for it to happen.
They’ll probably set it up so that conference members would only face each other if they both reach the final.

The check clear yet?

Let’s go get that center!

Who hasn’t actually signed yet, can we poach someone with our new cash!?!

Las Vegas Party GIF by BuzzFeed

Reactions: runrutgersrun
The check clear yet?

Let’s go get that center!

Who hasn’t actually signed yet, can we poach someone with our new cash!?!
Likely decided by the teams.
If so, interesting dilemma. Promise it all to a center and risk some hard feelings on the team, since they all play, or spread it around.

If it’s NIL money, are the teams even allowed to decide though? I thought they had to stay out of any of it.

Everyone who follows college basketball will want to watch Dylan and Ace. Strap in RU fans. And I do not mean the aholes on this board - you know who you are sad people.

If so, interesting dilemma. Promise it all to a center and risk some hard feelings on the team, since they all play, or spread it around.

If it’s NIL money, are the teams even allowed to decide though? I thought they had to stay out of any of it.
And the answer: “CBS reported a $1 million participation fee to be paid out to the NIL collective of each participating team, plus additional prize money to the winner (perhaps $1 million).”

My guess is that they will spread some of it around to the whole team, but use the bulk of it to try to address our needs. So, really good news.

I guess my feeling is the university secured this as part of its pool, it did the work to get the deal done, just like KTR does. Not sure why that should impact the deals already made by players currently
With the team.

If my company secures another round of funding it doesn’t mean I automatically get a raise. Maybe it means they can just continue to pay my salary. Maybe it means they can hire those additional PD resources to do some more testing or hire additional sales force.

When it's announced this will be an Amazon or Netflix streaming exclusive the responses will be historic.

(Not reporting anything. Just joking/hypothesis about who may get the media rights).

Reactions: mikemarc1

The university can't solicit it. The collectives work directly with the coaches on distributing NIL. So the money from the tournament will get distributed through the collective to the players.

Last edited:
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday games? I would have considered flying out if it was played over the weekend. Don't think the family would like the idea of me missing Thanksgiving.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT