ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Women's Soccer vs. Michigan Thursday

0-0 at the half. Best game I've seen Rutgers play this year. Got to come out the same way in 2nd half.
How about the two bums calling this game. Are they in the tank for Michigan or what, as is the Ref. Some bad calls & non calls--the absolute worst was the non call when Fluchel was in the box & about to shoot & was absolutely mugged & taken down. No call. Clearly should have been a penalty shot.

0-0 at the half. Best game I've seen Rutgers play this year. Got to come out the same way in 2nd half.
How about the two bums calling this game. Are they in the tank for Michigan or what, as is the Ref. Some bad calls & non calls--the absolute worst was the non call when Fluchel was in the box & about to shoot & was absolutely mugged & taken down. No call. Clearly should have been a penalty shot.
Are you here?

Outstanding match - best we’ve played against good competition all year.

Funny how you only pop up when they win but are nowhere to be found most of the season. 🤔
I was here in the beginning until you guys just shit on the team incessantly without ever showing up to a game. I am pretty certain I posted where I sit if you ever wanted to have a chat. I'll be in the same seat on Sunday. See you there?

No dentist. Didn't make it. We'll connect one of these days. Terrific win eh!
Yeah I missed first 12 minutes but my daughter told me we could have had a couple of goals
It was as if we all of a sudden were playing at a different speed tonight we looked very fast tonight

I was here in the beginning until you guys just shit on the team incessantly without ever showing up to a game. I am pretty certain I posted where I sit if you ever wanted to have a chat. I'll be in the same seat on Sunday. See you there?
Same here.

I just do not respond anymore. I just come here to read all the complaints and overreaction and chuckle.....

I thought the season was over already based on the negative statements about team and coach.

Injuries were hampering them but no one cared. Glad they are proving them wrong.

Go RU....

Same here.

I just do not respond anymore. I just come here to read all the complaints and overreaction and chuckle.....

I thought the season was over already based on the negative statements about team and coach.

Injuries were hampering them but no one cared. Glad they are proving them wrong.

Go RU....
The people that chirped the loudest here were the ones that never bothered to show up to the games. Just complained nonstop. Now they want to act like I just came back again after they were the very ones that chased me away with the comments of "you don't know what you're talking about."

No one shit on the team at least on the Round Table; you just can't have a realistic conversation without getting sensitive when anyone discusses their shortcomings.

You are the typical pom pom fan that goes to these events and never understands what you are watching.

Did they have issues scoring goals - check
Did MO have to change the formation - check
Did he have to alter the lineup because some were not playing to their abilities - check

You've yet to add anything of value to any conversation I've seen you in. All you rest on is you go to the games as though fans can't watch the games any other way.

No one shit on the team at least on the Round Table; you just can't have a realistic conversation without getting sensitive when anyone discusses their shortcomings.

You are the typical pom pom fan that goes to these events and never understands what you are watching.

Did they have issues scoring goals - check
Did MO have to change the formation - check
Did he have to alter the lineup because some were not playing to their abilities - check

You've yet to add anything of value to any conversation I've seen you in. All you rest on is you go to the games as though fans can't watch the games any other way.
When you have to resort to name calling with "pom pom fan" it's hard to take your opinion seriously. Only people that can't articulate their point resort to name calling.

It's also hard to have conversation here when there are certain posters insinuating the teams lack of success is due to a lack of effort or focus. Couldn't be further from the truth.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Luvscarletknights
When you have to resort to name calling with "pom pom fan" it's hard to take your opinion seriously. Only people that can't articulate their point resort to name calling.

It's also hard to have conversation here when there are certain posters insinuating the teams lack of success is due to a lack of effort or focus. Couldn't be further from the truth.
Except there were plenty of examples where effort/focus/confidence was lacking until recently. You just refused to acknowledge this because of bias.

If individual game performances were scored like professional matches it would have been a lot of 4/5s in many games because of the bad passes, balls lost, etc. Last night many would have graded in the 6 range or low 7s which is where you want to be on a regular basis.

It’s good to see them playing well now and hopefully that will continue on Sunday. MSU is going to be a tough game.

Except there were plenty of examples where effort/focus/confidence was lacking until recently. You just refused to acknowledge this because of bias.

If individual game performances were scored like professional matches it would have been a lot of 4/5s in many games because of the bad passes, balls lost, etc. Last night many would have graded in the 6 range or low 7s which is where you want to be on a regular basis.

It’s good to see them playing well now and hopefully that will continue on Sunday. MSU is going to be a tough game.
As I said above I missed the first 12 minutes but apparently we came out a different team even noted the coaches throughout the game different level of intensity
1. Having Becky back made a huge difference although she still only played about half the game working her back; one thing is she played up more as she played center forward when she was in and that can only be positive
2. Gia she just brings her speed and energy however she just cannot finish and make the right decisions as she had a wide open net and decided to pass to(can't remember exactly) who was offsides on the play and she was offsides on another which would have been an easy goal
3. Can't question Riley's hustle and effort but again she had 3 plays where if she just kept going to the net and shot she could have scored or at least hopefully made the goalie make a save but she insists on stopping and making that move I will call it where she brings the ball into the center and secondly she cannot get a shot on goal every shot she makes his either high or wide
4. this is for you Dad I know you don't love Kyle Daigle but she has to be in there more as she easily has the best shot on the team and I know again she is mainly left but that shot she scored was a laser
5. Kudos to freshman Olivia Russomanno who is a forward and I don't know when he switched her but I believe she played the whole game at left back yesterday and was very solid
A few negatives although greatly outweighed by the positives
1. Sam is playing back in the defense and she looks lost back there she should be up in the midfield as O'Neill still insists on playing his 4-4-2 although I did note an occasional 4-3-3; we could use more on offense
2. We still gave the ball away too much on the short pass from Bodmer and one came very close to costing us a goal and I will put this in also is our marking on corner kicks and defense at the top of the 18 was poor as Michigan had many open shots in the second half and thank god couldn't get them on goal or the one as we saw hit the post

Overall obviously our best game of the year by far just a little nitpicking and lets hope that we can continue this on Sunday as MSU only loss in the Big is to PSU

As I said above I missed the first 12 minutes but apparently we came out a different team even noted the coaches throughout the game different level of intensity
1. Having Becky back made a huge difference although she still only played about half the game working her back; one thing is she played up more as she played center forward when she was in and that can only be positive
2. Gia she just brings her speed and energy however she just cannot finish and make the right decisions as she had a wide open net and decided to pass to(can't remember exactly) who was offsides on the play and she was offsides on another which would have been an easy goal
3. Can't question Riley's hustle and effort but again she had 3 plays where if she just kept going to the net and shot she could have scored or at least hopefully made the goalie make a save but she insists on stopping and making that move I will call it where she brings the ball into the center and secondly she cannot get a shot on goal every shot she makes his either high or wide
4. this is for you Dad I know you don't love Kyle Daigle but she has to be in there more as she easily has the best shot on the team and I know again she is mainly left but that shot she scored was a laser
5. Kudos to freshman Olivia Russomanno who is a forward and I don't know when he switched her but I believe she played the whole game at left back yesterday and was very solid
A few negatives although greatly outweighed by the positives
1. Sam is playing back in the defense and she looks lost back there she should be up in the midfield as O'Neill still insists on playing his 4-4-2 although I did note an occasional 4-3-3; we could use more on offense
2. We still gave the ball away too much on the short pass from Bodmer and one came very close to costing us a goal and I will put this in also is our marking on corner kicks and defense at the top of the 18 was poor as Michigan had many open shots in the second half and thank god couldn't get them on goal or the one as we saw hit the post

Overall obviously our best game of the year by far just a little nitpicking and lets hope that we can continue this on Sunday as MSU only loss in the Big is to PSU
One more thing anyone know anything about Emma's status?

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-

First the name calling and then the "because of bias" bullshit. My god.

• Love
Reactions: Luvscarletknights
Multiple posts and you've yet to talk soccer in one of them. But you love playing the victim.

Please don't waste our times with this nonsense going forward.
Then don't tell me I only show up when we win. I've been at most games this year and for the last 13+ years. Like I said to you and anyone else, open invite to come sit with me at a game. I'm not hard to find.

First off GREAT to get a "W" - ALWAYS - and MUCH needed so CONGRATS ladies!

Second....and I'll say it until the day I die....being a "fanboy" NEVER HAS, DOES NOT, AND NEVER WILL, mean that you're any more, or any less, knowledgeable than the guy who listens/watches from home. ALL IT DOES is make you a GREAT fan/supporter of the program.

PERIOD.

First off GREAT to get a "W" - ALWAYS - and MUCH needed so CONGRATS ladies!

Second....and I'll say it until the day I die....being a "fanboy" NEVER HAS, DOES NOT, AND NEVER WILL, mean that you're any more, or any less, knowledgeable than the guy who listens/watches from home. ALL IT DOES is make you a GREAT fan/supporter of the program.

PERIOD.
Agree to an extent. When you go to the games you have a different appreciation for how hard the players work. When you watch on TV or from afar they're just another person.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT