ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Wrestling Announces 2020 Big Ten Championships Ticket Information

So in thinking about this, I do not see how they can be offering 4 tickets to each season ticket holder (with an offer of up to 8 more if availability allows). I don't even see how we can get 4.

The RAC seating capacity for this event will be what, 7,000 at most?? That is 500 tickets per school if you offer them equally. Rutgers has 3,000 or so season ticketholders, which means approx 1,500 accounts (I am figuring average is 2 tickets per account). That is 6,000 tickets if everyone purchases.

Now of course, everyone will not purchase the max of 4, but still, I just do not even see how it is feasible, unless RU is getting half the allotment, which I highly doubt. Rutgers fans will gobble these up. I am fully expecting to be told that I will not in fact be getting 4 tickets due to "unexpected" demand.

What do you guys think?

So in thinking about this, I do not see how they can be offering 4 tickets to each season ticket holder (with an offer of up to 8 more if availability allows). I don't even see how we can get 4.

The RAC seating capacity for this event will be what, 7,000 at most?? That is 500 tickets per school if you offer them equally. Rutgers has 3,000 or so season ticketholders, which means approx 1,500 accounts (I am figuring average is 2 tickets per account). That is 6,000 tickets if everyone purchases.

Now of course, everyone will not purchase the max of 4, but still, I just do not even see how it is feasible, unless RU is getting half the allotment, which I highly doubt. Rutgers fans will gobble these up. I am fully expecting to be told that I will not in fact be getting 4 tickets due to "unexpected" demand.

What do you guys think?
Praying.

We have a lot of priority points built up from football since 2004 and wrestling for 5 yrs., plus our yearly donations. We were going to put in a large donation this year just to get the points for this tourney. But football made our group vote against that. Many of these schools are going to return most of their allotment. We have 8 season tickets on one account. If we get them there's going to be 4 very happy people and 4 very unhappy people. The request for more, I have a better chance of seeing buddha before we get that with this limited capacity .

IMO. I'm not counting on getting any. As I think many will be reserve for special guest of the Administration, recruits and friends of the program. I think a lot of us are going to get shut out. I'll probably be watching it on Flo once again.

Who knows if I’ll get mine. I’ve had football tix since 04 and my ticket rep said I have a good shot. We’ll see.

Praying.

We have a lot of priority points built up from football since 2004 and wrestling for 5 yrs., plus our yearly donations. We were going to put in a large donation this year just to get the points for this tourney. But football made our group vote against that. Many of these schools are going to return most of their allotment. We have 8 season tickets on one account. If we get them there's going to be 4 very happy people and 4 very unhappy people. The request for more, I have a better chance of seeing buddha before we get that with this limited capacity .

IMO. I'm not counting on getting any. As I think many will be reserve for special guest of the Administration, recruits and friends of the program. I think a lot of us are going to get shut out. I'll probably be watching it on Flo once again.

I have the same concern though I am more confident about my PP level which is probably higher than most. I have 2 season tickets for wrestling and would have been ok had the max be based on the # of season tickets one holds up to a max of 4. That would limit me to 2 and while not helping someone with 8 tickets it would get tickets in the hands of more season ticket holders. Probably this type of limit is difficult to do with online sales.

As far as donating more to get these tickets, you can probably scalp them for less.

Reactions: koleszar
So I tried the online link.. And apparently they think I'm a bot!!!! WTF???

Have 3 matside and 4 100 level season tickets. Put my order for 4
Dude you're a shoe in to get tickets. The rest of us will be sweating it out. If your not in the top 33% of priority points you're probably sitting home or scalping.

This is a very fair process. It recognizes season ticket holders and Rutgers' most generous donors. It is clear that Rutgers put a lot of thought into the allocation. While some may not be happy, the plan recognizes the most loyal fans. It is not an old boy network when "friends of the program" get the perks. The rewards go to those that deserve and earned them. Great job Rutgers.

The N.J. State Finals may effect the Saturday attendance by N.J. fans. Getting our wrestlers to Sunday will be a big challenge and surely a welcomed one. The AQ situation makes it even more interesting. What I do expect is a sea of blue and white both days. All good. $$$$

Last edited:
The N.J. State Finals may effect the Saturday attendance by N.J. fans. Getting our wrestlers to Sunday will be a big challenge and surely a welcomed one. The AQ situation makes it even more interesting. What I do expect is a sea of blue and white both days. All good. $$$$
I thought the High School tournament was moving dates to not conflict with B1G's, this year

Reactions: rubigtimenow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT