ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Rutgers Wrestling official visitor list for this weekend

Richie O

Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 21, 2016
South Amboy, NJ
FAdldIaXoAQQDal

This weekend we had Joel Adams from Nebraska who was 13& pound Fargo Greco and Free champ and won Ashnault’s tourney this weekend down the shore. He is a junior and was at practice today watching with his dad. What a mature, nice young man to talk to. Boy I would get him in a heartbeat. Has been to Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma and Virginia. Sees himself anywhere from 149 to 165 in college. Will wrestle 145 this year.

165 ?! ohhhhh you have my attention! Lots of interest in Adams. The following is from a Nebraska paper in late July:

"Adams lists North Carolina State, Virginia Tech, Northern Colorado, Wyoming, Oregon State, Nebraska, Virginia, Cornell, Wisconsin, North Dakota State, Air Force, Brown, Arkansas Little Rock, Augustana and Clarion University as schools that have shown interest in him to date."

I imagine we can add RU to that list now.

165 ?! ohhhhh you have my attention! Lots of interest in Adams. The following is from a Nebraska paper in late July:

"Adams lists North Carolina State, Virginia Tech, Northern Colorado, Wyoming, Oregon State, Nebraska, Virginia, Cornell, Wisconsin, North Dakota State, Air Force, Brown, Arkansas Little Rock, Augustana and Clarion University as schools that have shown interest in him to date."

I imagine we can add RU to that list now.
Yup, but there are some names on that list that are hard to beat.

This weekend we had Joel Adams from Nebraska who was 13& pound Fargo Greco and Free champ and won Ashnault’s tourney this weekend down the shore. He is a junior and was at practice today watching with his dad. What a mature, nice young man to talk to. Boy I would get him in a heartbeat. Has been to Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma and Virginia. Sees himself anywhere from 149 to 165 in college. Will wrestle 145 this year.
Wonder if he makes 138 for Super 32 or goes up to 145

He made 138 for Ashnault’s Mobbin tourney this weekend. He was impressed with our facilities and the coaches.

Reactions: njsportsphan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT