ADVERTISEMENT

RVision vid on Parking with Tom/Sarah

I wouldn't say must see, as we already knew everything in it, but it's a nice touch. I like the new annotations to the parking map.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Too bad those anotations aren't actually on the parking map that's currently available on sk.com. why is that?

Not sure anything new was discussed but glad to know that the Athletic dept is taking the issue seriously

Yeah, nothing really new, but it is a nice touch.

Now, what about those student tailgates in the blue lot Sarah?
3dgrin.r191677.gif

its nothing new for some of us but I think there is a good segment of the board that does not pay all that close attention

the thing about donating to RFund and meeting your price qualifications for lots is not as widely known as you think

Does anyone know if the $ used to buy donated bowl game tickets apply's to the Annual Athletic Gift used to determine the first qualification of what lot you could potentially get?

I think it counts, from the ticket receipt:

You will receive one (1) bonus Priority Point
per donated ticket in addition to receiving annual athletic giving
credit for the total value of the ticket donation.

Originally posted by saltpepperketchup:
Does anyone know if the $ used to buy donated bowl game tickets apply's to the Annual Athletic Gift used to determine the first qualification of what lot you could potentially get?
I ont know for sure but my understanding is that if you are talking about does it count towards seat gift I would say no.

If it counts toward the parking lot minimum I am not sure but maybe yes.

Not much help/ Call someone in Devellopment

Originally posted by MoobyCow:
I think it counts, from the ticket receipt:

You will receive one (1) bonus Priority Point
per donated ticket in addition to receiving annual athletic giving
credit for the total value of the ticket donation.
Yes, that confirms it... thanks Mooby.

So with respect to the long exit times from the Blue lot, what this message really tells me is that there is not much they can do to improve egress times from lots like the blue lot and they are emphasizing to the fans that it is their choice deciding what is important to them for their parking/tailgate experience. So if you dont like the Blue's egress time... your choice is to select another lot that will improve your egress ability. That might entail donating more to get in a Yellow or scarlet... or moving farther away to a lot you can qualify for/afford. It wasnt stated in the video, but I am sure they have studied that egress situation and have come to that conclusion. It would have been nice if it could have been specifically addressed.... however... I think if they outright stated that, it would cause more flak from the fans.. so better for them to not say anything at all in that regard and just reiterate the fact that it is the fans choice. I'm OK with that. The fact remains that the Blue lot is basically dropped right in the middle of every other lot getting out, and it is just a fact of life that it will take longer to exit. We can choose to live with it or park elsewhere.

This post was edited on 2/27 2:12 PM by RUnion

According to the annotations, if your in the Scarlet Lot, you will only be able to exit onto River Road and head towards Route 287, but if your in the Green Lot, you exit onto River Road, but can either head to Route 287 OR Route 18.

For those that park on west side and need to head to Route 18, the Green Lot is your play.

Originally posted by Tango Two:

According to the annotations, if your in the Scarlet Lot, you will only be able to exit onto River Road and head towards Route 287, but if your in the Green Lot, you exit onto River Road, but can either head to Route 287 OR Route 18.

For those that park on west side and need to head to Route 18, the Green Lot is your play.
What am I missing.

Don't scarlet lot and green lot empty at the same spot? How could someone (directly traffic, presumably) tell if someone was in green lot or scarlet lot when they are leaving?

And wouldn't anyone in green lot have to cross over the people in scarlet lot to make the left that would let them head toward route 18...?

Does not make sense to me, but maybe there is something I am just not seeing/realizing.

Originally posted by TonyLieske:

What am I missing.

Don't scarlet lot and green lot empty at the same spot? How could someone (directly traffic, presumably) tell if someone was in green lot or scarlet lot when they are leaving?

And wouldn't anyone in green lot have to cross over the people in scarlet lot to make the left that would let them head toward route 18...?

Does not make sense to me, but maybe there is something I am just not seeing/realizing.
Probably trying to limit the amount of cars heading to Route 18, and chose the Green Loters to be the ones to head that way if they want to.

Its actually pretty easy. The Scarlet Loters form a single lane at River Road and same for the Green Loters. Once you reach River Road they let one lane exit at a time, with the Green Loters the option of going right or left, and the Scarlet Loters just right turns.

Scarlet and Green exit from same road to River Road.It makes no sense to have different options and could cause chaos as drivers try crossing exit lanes.

Originally posted by bac2therac:

its nothing new for some of us but I think there is a good segment of the board that does not pay all that close attention

the thing about donating to RFund and meeting your price qualifications for lots is not as widely known as you think
Yup. I had two people parked by me at the PSU game who were bumped from the Purple to Black because they didn't think they needed to donate more. Both said they would have if they'd known which sucks if you think about it. They easily could have donated more but didn't feel the need to? No sympathy. I admit I got bumped because I couldn't afford more.

Originally posted by RU-JMM78:

Scarlet and Green exit from same road to River Road.It makes no sense to have different options and could cause chaos as drivers try crossing exit lanes.
Correct. I exit the Scarlet Lot and those exiting from the Green Lot are to the right of me. Therefore we must both switch lanes before we reach River Rd so that I can make the right turn on to River Rd toward 287 and the Green Lot car can make the left turn on to River Rd to head towards NB.
It appears that my wife and I won't have to worry about that this year because I will not be able to make the minimum donation for either Scarlet or Green while I have over 100 priority points. Priority Points are now secondary in determining Lot eligibility.

Originally posted by OntheBanks:
Correct. I exit the Scarlet Lot and those exiting from the Green Lot are to the right of me. Therefore we must both switch lanes before we reach River Rd so that I can make the right turn on to River Rd toward 287 and the Green Lot car can make the left turn on to River Rd to head towards NB.
It appears that my wife and I won't have to worry about that this year because I will not be able to make the minimum donation for either Scarlet or Green while I have over 100 priority points. Priority Points are now secondary in determining Lot eligibility.
Banks-

In my experience, the Yellow lot is the best ingress/egress to 287. I chose to be there over the red or green lot. You should try it. I zip in and out of the lot, even after night games. It's a straight shot to Hoes Lane to Centennial Ave. with little or no traffic.

Originally posted by ClassOf02:

3dgrin.r191677.gif
That was taken care of last season and will be formalized next season. Hamsterdam has been relocated to the Werblin Center.

Originally posted by RU4Real:

Originally posted by ClassOf02:

3dgrin.r191677.gif
That was taken care of last season and will be formalized next season. Hamsterdam has been relocated to the Werblin Center.
Nice that it was moved but it is still in the wrong spot.

Originally posted by TonyLieske:

What am I missing.

Probably trying to limit the amount of cars heading to Route 18, and chose the Green Loters to be the ones to head that way if they want to.

Its actually pretty easy. The Scarlet Loters form a single lane at River Road and same for the Green Loters. Once you reach River Road they let one lane exit at a time, with the Green Loters the option of going right or left, and the Scarlet Loters just right turns.
From experience, when you leave the Scarlet Lot you are usually on the LEFT side of Sutphen Road approaching River Road while Green Lot people are on the RIGHT.

So not so easy if they want Scarlet to go right and Green go left or right.

Tom speaks the truth--Sarah is definitely more approachable than Tom is. :-)

Am I crazy or are you saying you think they're going to have everyone in the Green lot (who start on the right) cross to the left lane and everyone in the Scarlet lot (who start on the left) cross to the right lane?

Just because you said the exact same thing twice in a bigger font doesn't mean that's what happens. It has been two lanes for as long as I can remember. I have made the left or a right from Scarlet and/or Green with the other lane doing the same. Doing this one lane at a time (if that is the plan) will just slow things down.

And if they get tight with it this year, what prevents somebody from Scarlet who wants to go left from just removing their hang tag before they queue up and say they were in the other colored Lot? Is a cop going to hold up traffic to check their papers?

There's no other way to do it.

Both lots exit onto River Road. They alternate exiting onto River Road. The Green Loters are allowed to make rights or lefts where the
Scarlet Loters make rights only.

No other way to do it.

Originally posted by RUnion:

So with respect to the long exit times from the Blue lot, what this message really tells me is that there is not much they can do to improve egress times from lots like the blue lot and they are emphasizing to the fans that it is their choice deciding what is important to them for their parking/tailgate experience. So if you dont like the Blue's egress time... your choice is to select another lot that will improve your egress ability. That might entail donating more to get in a Yellow or scarlet... or moving farther away to a lot you can qualify for/afford. It wasnt stated in the video, but I am sure they have studied that egress situation and have come to that conclusion. It would have been nice if it could have been specifically addressed.... however... I think if they outright stated that, it would cause more flak from the fans.. so better for them to not say anything at all in that regard and just reiterate the fact that it is the fans choice. I'm OK with that. The fact remains that the Blue lot is basically dropped right in the middle of every other lot getting out, and it is just a fact of life that it will take longer to exit. We can choose to live with it or park elsewhere.

I would actually prefer they admit they tried to find other options and failed, then to ignore it and essentially say, "sorry too bad" if you dont like it go elsewhere...but still give us more money, haha.
Although I dont agree with them that there arent other solutions for example with leaving the Blue lot, I obviously would deal with it if it mattered to me to be in that or any particular lot more than leaving in a reasonable fashion after a game.

I do like that they made a video about the parking. Just for the sake of them making an effort is a plus for me. Plus it personalizes it a bit more and give you a face (not as much need for most on this board, but for those a little more outside of everything)

Originally posted by fischy5000:

Originally posted by RUnion:

I would actually prefer they admit they tried to find other options and failed, then to ignore it and essentially say, "sorry too bad" if you dont like it go elsewhere...but still give us more money, haha.
Although I dont agree with them that there arent other solutions for example with leaving the Blue lot
, I obviously would deal with it if it mattered to me to be in that or any particular lot more than leaving in a reasonable fashion after a game.

I do like that they made a video about the parking. Just for the sake of them making an effort is a plus for me. Plus it personalizes it a bit more and give you a face (not as much need for most on this board, but for those a little more outside of everything)
I don't most in Blue are expecting a lickety split exit because that is not really reasonable but there are options to explore.

My guess is the green lot can make a left or right directly out of the lot and access 18 from the Busch campus exit or 287 from River road

Although I dont agree with them that there arent other solutions for example with leaving the Blue lot
, I obviously would deal with it if it mattered to me to be in that or any particular lot more than leaving in a reasonable fashion after a game.

I don't most in Blue are expecting a lickety split exit because that is not really reasonable but there are options to explore.
I think we agree? I think there are other options to explore for an easier, not necessarily ultra speedy exit (atleast compared to last season). My response was just to the other post that if indeed they checked and came back with nothing, I would rather them say they checked and came up empty (or show what they attempted) than to basically ignore it altogether (as in what happened in this video) and leave us to wonder whether they did or not. (since what we're getting is...it's not currently changing and deal with that or move)

My guess is that they make River Rd one way towards 287 for a period of 30-60 minutes post game. Both Scarlet and Green turn right on River Rd. Scarlet Lot takes the left lane (normally flowing towards the stadium...but temporarily flowing towards 287). Green Lot takes the right lane and has the choice to turn right at Hoes Lane to circle around back to Rt 18.

Originally posted by rutgersfan1766:
My guess is the green lot can make a left or right directly out of the lot and access 18 from the Busch campus exit or 287 from River road

I think that would be a great option if they moved the buses for the return trip after the game to stage in front the Practice Fields and depart via Sutphen towards 18 to the RAC and have them loop in via the White. And because then the pre-game bus route would be open now cars in Green have another option to leave the way the buses come in.

Brown can still exit their same way as this is a small Lot.

Also frees up Scarlet Knight Way to use the full length and almost full width (still need somewhat of a path for the Knightingale Shuttle) for pedestrians exiting to Blue, Yellow, Purple.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT