ADVERTISEMENT

Saquon Barkley talks RU offer with Kelce Brothers

Coach Wilson when he heard Saquon was going to PSU

lmlkPhb.gif

Franklin was particularly incendiary when he was hired in mocking Rutgers and Maryland ("they have no chance"). The timing of things falling apart under Flood was so unfortunate. The Blacknall/Hester class was as we were joining the Big Ten. Then we lose to PSU in a game Nova seemed to complete more passes to them than us. I think Saquon was the next year's class but he had committed early and was the early headliner. I don't think any of this happens if GS was still here but that's life.

Franklin was particularly incendiary when he was hired in mocking Rutgers and Maryland ("they have no chance"). The timing of things falling apart under Flood was so unfortunate. The Blacknall/Hester class was as we were joining the Big Ten. Then we lose to PSU in a game Nova seemed to complete more passes to them than us. I think Saquon was the next year's class but he had committed early and was the early headliner. I don't think any of this happens if GS was still here but that's life.
I really wonder if RU would have become a legit top 25 program if GS stayed. So much positive momentum back then.

I really wonder if RU would have become a legit top 25 program if GS stayed. So much positive momentum back then.
I think building on the class that Flood wound up holding together along with the momentum generated by the conference invite would have at the very least kept us out of the Ash heap, but we'll never know.

When Barkley committed to RU, Bill O'Brien was coach at PSU. Reportedly, he tried to flip Barkley and could not. Then Franklin came in and used his Jedi mind tricks, and that was that.

Burton is from NJ.🤷‍♂️
Maybe I missed something...I thought the OP was posting people who were offered/committed/flipped/transferred with regards to Rutgers. I countered with players who stayed true to the RU pledge. What does Burton being from NJ have to do with it?

9 years in the NFL, and it looks like except for 2 seasons, he played in nearly all of the games. Not bad for a walk on.

I guess my point was that he wasn't a commit that stayed "true" as one poster said. Definitely has had an impressive career here and in the NFL based on hard work.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Maybe I missed something...I thought the OP was posting people who were offered/committed/flipped/transferred with regards to Rutgers. I countered with players who stayed true to the RU pledge. What does Burton being from NJ have to do with it?
Since one guy was from PA and the other two were from NY, I thought maybe you forgot "The Beast of Burton" was from NJ.

So I guess I'm the one who missed something. 🙂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT