ADVERTISEMENT

say what you want about carlin but he supports RU

T2Kplus10 ...

Is it necessary to express every thought. Say what you will, the Carlin's are more generous than me.

Reactions: MikeR0102
I wonder if any of the other media figures covering Rutgers athletics made contributions.

This is his 12th year as RU's FB broadcaster and his wife works at RU, too. I'd say he and his wife are doing the right thing and the smart thing.

Reactions: NickyNewark51
yes and no. he didn't have to give 10k though.........It's a solid move on his part
Fair enough. I'm just saying that it's a great career move to support your new boss' big initiative as much as possible.

Reactions: vkj91
Fair enough. I'm just saying that it's a great career move to support your new boss' big initiative as much as possible.

But it's not his "new boss". Yes, Hobbs could raise a stink about the SNY/WINS broadcasters of RU sports. However, I think it would have taken a LOT less than 10K to create a good impression.

Reactions: ruready07
I wonder if any of the other media figures covering Rutgers athletics made contributions.

He doesn't really 'cover' the school . He works for the school .

Are people here really thinking that carlin's gesture is great ? If you're boss held a charity dinner , I bet you would buy you a few tickets .

You should REALLY stop telling other people what they should do with their money.
the gesture is terrific--some of the loudest on here can only manage $200

You really should shut the up about what others do, don't do, can or can't do, because you don't know shit and sound like a complete douche every time you (incessantly) bring it up. Just stop man.

Last edited:
Reactions: RocktheRac
Nuts while I like your post I think 66 is trying to applaud Carlin and encourage others to do something. So your first part is correct in part. I think your part 2 comment may be a overboard unless you know that 66 just posts stuff and doesn't back it up with $$!

I TRIPLE LIKE this post!!!

Carlin and Ray RULE!!

"Straight down the Turnpike!!"

"Big Fatties!!"

Those guys BLEED SCARLET!!!

Agree. Ray Lucas is awesome. Rutgers needs homers and Ray will defend this school
To the hilt. Carlin is a great foil for Ray. Happy to have both men to listen to on game day and great job by Chris and his wife to back the school with a nice chunk of change.
LeGrande does a great job as well and completes a good RU radio team. Ray sounds like he just wants to kick anyone's ass who is negative against Rutgers. He is so "Jersey" that it is hilarious.

Agree. Ray Lucas is awesome. Rutgers needs homers and Ray will defend this school
To the hilt. Carlin is a great foil for Ray. Happy to have both men to listen to on game day and great job by Chris and his wife to back the school with a nice chunk of change.
LeGrande does a great job as well and completes a good RU radio team. Ray sounds like he just wants to kick anyone's ass who is negative against Rutgers. He is so "Jersey" that it is hilarious.
I disagree that Ray "defends" the school to the hilt. I love that he is brutally honest in his opinions during the game. If he was a poster on this board the Floodies would label him as negative. He is one of Rutgers greatest fans but he doesn't hold back from being critically honest.
You couldn't ask for a better 3 some calling Rutgers games!

Nuts while I like your post I think 66 is trying to applaud Carlin and encourage others to do something. So your first part is correct in part. I think your part 2 comment may be a overboard unless you know that 66 just posts stuff and doesn't back it up with $$!

62 - the problem is that 66 has been posting, as such, incessantly. Instead of saying "let's go guys, donate, donate, donate," or something similar, he takes backhanded "digs" at the members of this board (generally not specifically) - which is completely unnecessary - instead of saying things in a 100% positive manner (which is HOW you should try to get others to donate...). Feel free to check out his posting history in threads in similar threads. What others CAN or CAN'T manage at any give time - whether they're the "loudest mouths" or the quietest ones, matters not, nor is it his business.

Bottom line: there are much better ways to get the message across.

Last edited:
for a guy who says he's a great earner worrying about the small number hobbs' is asking for is ludicrous---but regardless, your statement is bullcrap I've been trying for years to encourage ALL of us to give more--but it is difficult to understand why ANYONE especially the biggest complainers or those wanting to see RU progress would be reticent to do so --Hobbs wants to make an announcement on the build funds progress and it's SUPER important that we get behind this immediately for the obvious impact--and the idea that anyone is asking those that can't give to give is just a dumb prop of yours to attack me--and even while I had problems with hermann I ALWAYS responded to her personal pleas for more $--its always been time to get off the pot

for a guy who says he's a great earner worrying about the small number hobbs' is asking for is ludicrous---but regardless, your statement is bullcrap I've been trying for years to encourage ALL of us to give more--but it is difficult to understand why ANYONE especially the biggest complainers or those wanting to see RU progress would be reticent to do so --Hobbs wants to make an announcement on the build funds progress and it's SUPER important that we get behind this immediately for the obvious impact--and the idea that anyone is asking those that can't give to give is just a dumb prop of yours to attack me--and even while I had problems with hermann I ALWAYS responded to her personal pleas for more $--its always been time to get off the pot

First, now you're just making shit up. I have never discussed my "earnings" on these boards, or anywhere else in public, so you should be banned for falsifying information about another poster.

Second, my statement is not "bullcrap," you have a very poor way of wording things, period, like above when you say "some of the loudest on here can only manage $200." This isn't the first time in the past few week, that you've made comments as such, which are extremely rude, condescending, and downright uncalled for when speaking to people who are behind the same cause that you are, and you're trying to push to donate, wouldn't you think? YOU have no clue who donates what, when, why, or how, and whether someone is "loud," or not, has no function in what they do or don't donate at any given time. You're making assumptions AND ripping posters, at the same time, without ANY factual basis to do so.

Next, we ALL want to donate to this fund, and get these projects done, no doubt! That being said there are ways to go about ASKING others to do things instead of being rude, putting others down, and TELLING them what they should be doing, don't you think?

If you think I'm the one "attacking," and not you, then I don't know what to tell you.

and by the way--it's interesting and hypocritical how some who badgered/attacked posters to give to the unsponsored fire flood fund would now have any problem with giving to the build fund.

If you don't like him as an announcer than that is your opinion.
If you find a negative about this or don't think he loves RU than you need to STFU as you are clueless.

Or you can still feel awful(and cynical) for the way Bruce Johnson was treated.

and by the way--it's interesting and hypocritical how some who badgered/attacked posters to give to the unsponsored fire flood fund would now have any problem with giving to the build fund.

Who badgered or attacked others to do as much? I beg you: name names.

This should be really interesting!

stop your fake tears it's humiliating and by the way if you're behind the cause just send in your pledge and if you have--I'm obviously not talking about you

stop your fake tears it's humiliating and by the way if you're behind the cause just send in your pledge and if you have--I'm obviously not talking about you

"fake tears"? "humiliating"? What the flying f* are you even talking about? Why not just answer the challenge I posed above based on your statement about the "fire flood" fund instead of - rather pathetically - attempting to skate around it?

where's the obligatory list of those who gave to the fire flood fund--it was posted ad nauseam--go find it yourself --did you express your sympathy then for those that refused to give ????

where's the obligatory list of those who gave to the fire flood fund--it was posted ad nauseam--go find it yourself --did you express your sympathy then for those that refused to give ????
,"

You need to take your meds. WTF are you even talking about with this "express sympathy" crap? "Go find it myself"? YOU ARE THE ONE bringing it up, claiming that those who did are being "hypocritical" because they "badgered and attacked" others you didn't so it's up to YOU to name names or just STFU. I, for one, didn't "badger or attack" a single other human being about donating to the fund, not my business to be quite honest, but you just keep spewing your nonsense lol!

Keep throwing things against the wall buddy maybe - MAYBE - something will stick one day.

Reactions: RocktheRac
usual meds routine

lol, okay, good to know....listen man I'M ON YOUR SIDE we ALL need to do our part, and MORE, just saying that there are more "diplomatic" ways to go about asking sometimes, that's all, just no need to for the snarky remarks, et al, when doing so. Be good.

I like Carlin as a broadcaster, as a total RU homer (along with Lucas), as a Jerseyite, and a Rutgers booster. And he's a really nice guy to talk to in person, too. So what's not to like?
His voice. Which is the only interaction most fans have with him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT