ADVERTISEMENT

say what you want about carlin but he supports RU

Do a lot of people here listen to carlin ? I would think most people here go to the home games and watch the away games on television .
I did listen to the smu football game in 2013 and he butchered that game , going as far to get a point conversion scenario wrong IIRC.
His j Mitch three-point and one basketball call against Villanova was a disaster . He basically missed the foul call on the play.
I should not have more knowledge about a 2 point scenario or see a foul called in basketball that the announcer missed . But the pandomondeium in Piscataway is epic . He's got a big -time announcer voice , and overall does a decent job and supports the university. He thought flood's suspension last year was too severe .Thanks for the 10k.

Do a lot of people here listen to carlin ? I would think most people here go to the home games and watch the away games on television .
I did listen to the smu football game in 2013 and he butchered that game , going as far to get a point conversion scenario wrong IIRC.
His j Mitch three-point and one basketball call against Villanova was a disaster . He basically missed the foul call on the play.
I should not have more knowledge about a 2 point scenario or see a foul called in basketball that the announcer missed . But the pandomondeium in Piscataway is epic . He's got a big -time announcer voice , and overall does a decent job and supports the university. He thought flood's suspension last year was too severe .Thanks for the 10k.
I enjoy Ray and Chris' banter so much that I sometimes listen to the radio while I am in the stadium, mainly to get Ray's perspective on close plays, great plays or bad plays.

Reactions: NickyNewark51
They sound small time and should be swapped out. For all their years of experience it sounds like college radio not a class outfit.

Reactions: RocktheRac
Are people here really thinking that carlin's gesture is great ? If you're boss held a charity dinner , I bet you would buy you a few tickets .

I was seconds away from blowing up on you but lucky i took a swig of a nice cold beer on a beautiful 74 degree afternoon and calmed down.

these types of comments make me sick because it shows how truly little Rutgers fans, supporters and alumni understand about the "Game". And i dont mean the game that is played on the field but the game of "networks". Call them the "good ole' boys club" or simply alumni networks, but at the end of the day it is a game of politics. If Rutgers want to generate money, it needs to start a true Rutgers Culture of giving. Giving needs to be encouraged, giving needs to be praised and acknowledged, people give more when they feel special doing it....and people give when it gets them something. So what does this mean? Give a job to an RU grad or at least put in a good word, line up an interview, do whatever you can...because thats what others do and thats what people want to know they receive when they JOIN our network....protect R own, dont bash them. Praise every donation--because its a few extra bucks that we desperately need. Give preference to anybody who supports the R.

I would also like to point out that giving doesn't necessarily mean money. We could become a much more powerful network if we just helped each other.

Last edited:
I was seconds away from blowing up on you but lucky i took a swig of a nice cold beer on a beautiful 74 degree afternoon and calmed down.

these types of comments make me sick because it shows how truly little Rutgers fans, supporters and alumni understand about the "Game". And i dont mean the game that is played on the field but the game of "networks". Call them the "good ole' boys club" or simply alumni networks, but at the end of the day it is a game of politics. If Rutgers want to generate money, it needs to start a true Rutgers Culture of giving. Giving needs to be encouraged, giving needs to be praised and acknowledged, people give more when they feel special doing it....and people give when it gets them something. So what does this mean? Give a job to an RU grad or at least put in a good word, line up an interview, do whatever you can...because thats what others do and thats what people want to know they receive when they JOIN our network....protect R own, dont bash them. Praise every donation--because its a few extra bucks that we desperately need. Give preference to anybody who supports the R.

I would also like to point out that giving doesn't necessarily mean money. We could become a much more powerful network if we just helped each other.

So you felt sick and had a swig of beer?

And I am not knocking carlin's donation , just saying many people would donate to their boss's cause . That's all .

I'll let your failed sarcastic retort speak for itself....people like you are the problem.

I have been a season ticket holder since the dick Anderson days . I was a basketball season ticket holder from little page until it got so bad . I wish Rutgers would win at almost any cost .
I donate more to Rutgers than I do to my own church . There are better and more generous fans than me , but there are also worse and cheaper fans than me . And I am a problem ?

I have been a season ticket holder since the dick Anderson days . I was a basketball season ticket holder from little page until it got so bad . I wish Rutgers would win at almost any cost .
I donate more to Rutgers than I do to my own church . There are better and more generous fans than me , but there are also worse and cheaper fans than me . And I am a problem ?
So you belittle Carlin ' s donation and question his motive but have no problem patting yourself on the back for your contributions! Unreal. [eyeroll]

So you belittle Carlin ' s donation and question his motive but have no problem patting yourself on the back for your contributions! Unreal. [eyeroll]

Nice to see you need to add your two cents to this , a guy that was banned here and begged to come back .
Not patting myself on the back . I was accused of not just being a problem when it comes to Rutgers sports , but 'the problem '. I was defending myself . I am not 'the problem'.

Nice to see you need to add your two cents to this , a guy that was banned here and begged to come back .
Not patting myself on the back . I was accused of not just being a problem when it comes to Rutgers sports , but 'the problem '. I was defending myself . I am not 'the problem'.
But even your so called "defense" you continue to knock Carlin ' s motive. What Carlin did was a great thing that doesn't need to be questioned by anyone on this board. I'm sure he did more than you!

your attitude is

all of you need to think about this....this is a thread about someone who donated 10K and it went downhill....it is shameful

Last edited:
Reactions: RUonBrain
I usually turn down the TV volume and listen to Chris and Ray (have to pause the TV to sync them up). It's well worth it!

Reactions: NickyNewark51
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT