ADVERTISEMENT

Scarlet Ticket campaign $25,000 match announced

Would also be nice to get some kind of confirmation or acknowledgment after donating to the Rutgers Football NIL. Just charged the credit card and never heard back again.
I guess all our prior donations to the RU Athletic Dept. were recognized and appreciated.

Donating to NIL…🤦🏻‍♂️ gawd…college athletics is irrevocably done! I’m glad to earmark my entire (modest) estate to my preferred ACADEMIC department. I trust they will do something useful and meaningful with it and not once cent of it will ever go to athletics and its, frankly, ephemeral joys!

“Student athletes” 🤭

Reactions: RUScrew85
Donating to NIL…🤦🏻‍♂️ gawd…college athletics is irrevocably done! I’m glad to earmark my entire (modest) estate to my preferred ACADEMIC department. I trust they will do something useful and meaningful with it and not once cent of it will ever go to athletics and its, frankly, ephemeral joys!

“Student athletes” 🤭
I guess youll stop watching college athletics then as this is the way of the future

Once you stop watching college athletics, I assume that you’ll stop posting on college football boards as well

Or, like a lot of others, who, like to complain, they will continue to watch and continue to post, they claim otherwise on an anonymous message boards

And God forbid, we actually have a decent amount of success due to NIL, I assume because these kids are getting paid that you won’t enjoy any of it, correct?

“Student athletes” 🤭
Except for me I boycotted "academic" donations a couple of years ago due to RU's politics. So more money for the Shriners.

Last edited:
Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
I guess youll stop watching college athletics then as this is the way of the future

Once you stop watching college athletics, I assume that you’ll stop posting on college football boards as well

Or, like a lot of others, who, like to complain, they will continue to watch and continue to post, they claim otherwise on an anonymous message boards

And God forbid, we actually have a decent amount of success due to NIL, I assume because these kids are getting paid that you won’t enjoy any of it, correct?
You seem to make some unwarranted assumptions and are applying a bunch of silly rules to someone else.

It's not real clear what this is all about.
‘Scarlet Ticket’ membership drive offers Rutgers Nation

premium experiences for the 2024-2025 athletics year

PISCATAWAY, NJ —Knights of The Raritan unveiled a first-of-its-kind NIL membership campaign designed to capture the imagination of Rutgers Nation during a banner year for Rutgers Athletics.

The “Scarlet Ticket” is offering Rutgers fans the chance to win the ultimate prize package of two premium season tickets for every Football game, Men's Basketball game, Women's Basketball game and Wrestling match for the entire 2024-2025 athletics year.

This campaign is open to all fans eager to support Rutgers’ NIL Efforts and elevate their own game-day experience. To participate, fans must invest in a monthly Knights of The Raritan membership. Each membership tier offers a varying number of entries into the prize draw:

Scarlet & White - $10.99: 1 entry

On The Banks - $25.99: 3 entries

The Bells Must Ring - $49.99: 5 entries

Keep Chopping - $99.99: 10 entries

F.A.M.I.L.Y. - $249.99: 25 entries

Old Queens - $499.99: 50 entries

Current Knights of The Raritan members can increase their odds of winning by leveling up their membership.

Memberships can be purchased online here. The higher the membership level, the greater the chance of securing the Scarlet Ticket.

"We are excited to launch the Scarlet Ticket campaign, offering fans the ultimate Rutgers Athletics experience," said Jon Newman, President of Knights of The Raritan. "This first-of-its-kind initiative not only supports our beloved teams but also rewards our dedicated supporters during a season sure to be filled with incredible games and memories."

The drive begins Wednesday, February 21 and will continue through Sunday, March 10. The Scarlet Ticket grand prize winner will be selected through a random drawing in May 2024, after Spring Football concludes. The lucky recipient will be contacted directly by and announced publicly on Knights of The Raritan’s official social media channels. Additional membership incentives including “match” opportunities will be announced during the campaign.

About Knights of The Raritan:

Knights of The Raritan is a dedicated community of Rutgers Athletics supporters committed to empowering Rutgers student-athletes to achieve their greatest potential in the classroom, on the playing field, and in life. Through various initiatives and events, Knights of The Raritan aims to foster pride, spirit, and camaraderie within the Scarlet Knights community.

# # #​

Reactions: RUMAGA
It's not real clear what this is all about.

If the Knights of the Raritan NIL get 76 new members(minimum $10 per month i think),
  • They will receive an additional $25,000 from a donor.
  • New members will be put in some raffle where someone can win 2 premium seats to 5 sports.
  • Currently - 37 more new members needed... so half way through.

If the Knights of the Raritan NIL get 76 new members(minimum $10 per month i think),
  • New members will be put in some raffle where someone can win 2 premium seats to 5 sports.
Current KTR members are also entered into the raffle based on the donation level.

Good luck chumps.

“Student athletes” 🤭
If you don't like what NIL is or what it represent, fine. Just don't come in and piss on a thread started by the founder of the NIL collective (because you come off as an a$$hole).

He's doing a ton of great work that ultimately benefits the stature of Rutgers.

Guys on a Rutgers message board, many with an ungodly amount of posts taking up who knows how many hours of their lives, some who actually take the time to attend game, all alleged fans of Rutgers, hosing a guy that is doing great work to determine our future success in athletics...

You can't make this stuff up

Thanks John for all you do, don’t let the negatoids deter you

Some of us actually care how the teams perform and prefer an improved performance to tailgates or message board banter

Great work!

Reactions: RUJON and mosito
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT