ADVERTISEMENT

Seagears...

RC85

All Conference
Jun 8, 2014
Anyone thinking Seagears had it right quitting on Eddie 1/2 way through
last season? This is inexcusable by any coaching standard.

Seagars quit on Auburn and didn't even play a game. I don't care how he is doing wherever he is, but I bet it isn't good.

Caliknight posted on 2/19/2015...

Seagars quit on Auburn and didn't even play a game. I don't care how he is doing wherever he is, but I bet it isn't good.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
I know he wasn't happy during his short stay at Auburn, but I also thought he really wanted to play for Eddie (at first).

"
As Tim Welsh said" he is a disgrace to the uniform". Would not want that kid on the team.

Originally posted by shields:
"
As Tim Welsh said" he is a disgrace to the uniform". Would not want that kid on the team.
Yep. An attitude with questionable skills and little game. And he was a quitter.

Seagears was a mess last year. But it's a coaches job to get the most out of his players.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Caliknight, what is funny is that RU was picked for last and finished 7th last year. All people remember though is Louisville game.

Agree but Seagers had that quote by Welsh. Seagers was a disgrace. And I hope that Vegas coach gets fired so Jerome has another coach.
This post was edited on 2/19 10:07 PM by shields

Much to my chagrin I have to admit that I'm not sure I blame anyone for quitting this program, heck RU Admin has quit on it.

Originally posted by ruman:
Eddie lost the team 2 straight years.
Trust me I'm not a fan of tonight's performance, and Eddie is a bad mix with the current group, especially the upperclassman.

When your bench plays offense and defense harder and smarter it's mainly a talent issue.

Our best post player has low IQ no awarness and can't play defense.

Daniels has no bb IQ either. Stepping on baseline and throwing a pass tonight that hit the backboard.

Trust me I'm not a fan of tonight's performance, and Eddie is a bad mix with the current group, especially the upperclassman.

When your bench plays offense and defense harder and smarter it's mainly a talent issue
-------------------------
What you describe is a coaching issue. The coach is not getting the best players to play to their potential.

bac2therac posted on 2/19/2015...

Seagears was a headcase fool
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
4 more games to see if he'll be alone in that category

When your bench plays offense and defense harder and smarter it's mainly a talent issue
What you describe is a coaching issue. The coach is not getting the best players to play to their potential.
It's expecting Mack to be a point guard. It's expecting Lewis to be a B1G starter. And running your offense through a low IQ, low awareness big man in Jack.

I actually would like to know what really happened to this kid.

I agree he's a head case and I wouldn't want him on my team now but
He had talent when he came here and his attitude and talent both took a nosedive.

He should have been a much better player than he was.

Originally posted by Mr Magoo:
I actually would like to know what really happened to this kid.

I agree he's a head case and I wouldn't want him on my team now but
He had talent when he came here and his attitude and talent both took a nosedive.

He should have been a much better player than he was.
Agree. I met Jerome at the JSBL the Summer before his freshman season at RU. He seemed to be a very happy and likable kid who loved to play the game. Something went very wrong with him over the next few years at RU. We'll probably never know what that was but he seems to be a very changed young man.

Another in a very long line of RU players who wasn't anywhere as good as his high school ratings purported him to be. Frankly just not a very good basketball player.

No because alot of the best players are on the bench right now. Its a do or don't, play your bench who are freshmen and sophs and may show more energy but are in the wrong place all the time making freshman mistakes or play your senior players who have been crushed for 4 years and just don't have the willpower anymore.

Shack has said this multiple times and is right, thank the kids who stayed, this program would have literally been ashes without them but next year is Jordan's judgement day, not this year.

The only thing I really blame Jordan on is Etou he is such a talent but the light hasn't turned on yet and Joran has had almost two years to figure it out.

Originally posted by PatrickRU92:
Another in a very long line of RU players who wasn't anywhere as good as his high school ratings purported him to be. Frankly just not a very good basketball player.
Just asking do you think there is any coincidence there like maybe they are not coached up very well once they get to this level?

Originally posted by woodennickel1:

Just asking do you think there is any coincidence there like maybe they are not coached up very well once they get to this level?
Seagears has talent. I would think good coaches can connect with most kids...I didn't say all.

Originally posted by woodennickel1:

Another
in a very long line of RU players who wasn't anywhere as good as his
high school ratings purported him to be. Frankly just not a very good
basketball player.
Just asking do you think there is any coincidence there like maybe they
are not coached up very well once they get to this level?

well its been 5 coaches and I fail to believe that every coach didn't know what they're doing.

I know people love GW. Why didn't lamizana develop? Do we want to blame him? I don't. I just don't think he was a star thats all.

Bob Wenzel couldn't keep anyone eligible with the exception of G Billet--who I think we'd all love to see reincarnated. BW most highly recruited high school recruit was Dixon, wasn't he. Did you think he was a good basketball player? Jumped through the roof. But he coudn't shoot from 10 feet and beyond.

FHJ I know people love to talk about his recruiting. Well Mike Rosario the McD's AA savior played 5 years of college ball and by his 5th year he was the 6th man on a good team. Good player, but didn't live up to his billing. Corey Chandler? He was a bad basketball player. Great athlete sure. but he couldn't shoot and was a turnover machine. Echinique? another good player. Was a glue guy on a good team in his 5th year at Creighton. Not saying we coulnd't have used him but he was no star by any means.

Mike Rice? I have said all years Myles is Myles. He's a good player. Hes not a superstar. I love the guy . Seagears was ovverrated IMHO. Who was the other player, Taylor I think who never made it here? highly rated was he not? Never heard from him again yet we offered him a 4 year ride. Looks like a bad decision to me.

MR was lucky to get Eli Carter. I've said this a million times too--he and Douby were the 2 biggest talents we've had since probably Steve Worthy.

Said it forever.....BAD RECRUITING for decades has doomed this program. We simply recruit players who aren't good enough and the ones who are highly rated have been vastly overrated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT