ADVERTISEMENT

Seattle Opens New Light Rail Connection to Husky Stadium

RUforester72

All Conference
Jul 23, 2014
Bend Oregon
If you are planning to attend the UDub game in Seattle, this new light rail extension opens up more options for where to stay. I had previously made a reservation in the U District there, but now it will be just as easy to get to the stadium from downtown. BTW, the light rail goes from SEA-TAC airport all the way to Husky Stadium now. FYI!

http://www.king5.com/story/news/tra...sion-uw-capitol-hill-opens-saturday/81809984/

It looks like the airport to the stadium is about 17 to 18 miles.

I have taken the HBLR line in Jersey City. I think that it adds options for those who work in JC. I wish though they would extend it over the Newark Bay extension since there is a lot of traffic in the am with those going to JC along with those going to the Holland tunnel. They can easily eliminate 1-2k cars each morning. They probably should link the HBLR all the way from the last rest stop on the Turnpike through Hoboken / JC and then on to Newark Airport (maybe with a park and ride by Ikea / outlets at the Turnpike 13A). I did hear they are looking to extend the Bayonne branch over the Bayonne bridge in 2019 when the Bridge is rebuilt which will give access to Staten Island. Currently those in SI take a bus over the bridge to Bayonne to get the light rail. A SI hub will also allow those in NJ in Eastern Monmouth Cty to drive to the SI hub for a light rail to JC offices instead of a train to Newark and then the PATH or driving via the Turnpike to the Liberty Science Ctr park and ride.

I took the lightrail from downtown to the airport when we played Wazzu out there the other year. Certainly easy enough and cheap. That said, felt like it took forever to get there.

I took the lightrail from downtown to the airport when we played Wazzu out there the other year. Certainly easy enough and cheap. That said, felt like it took forever to get there.
Thats the anture of light rail - which is why its cheaper, but also inferior to heavy rail like the NYC subway.

Good to know. I've taken that line from the airport to downtown. Agree with above, easy and cheap. But not fast. Also used the line from Downtown to the NFL stadium for our last game out there. Much quicker/shorter ride of course.

I booked a flight to Seattle but was trying to figure out where to stay. Also reserved a rental car. With this new connection from downtown to Husky stadium, I will cancel rental car and stay near SeaTac airport light rail station

I booked a flight to Seattle but was trying to figure out where to stay. Also reserved a rental car. With this new connection from downtown to Husky stadium, I will cancel rental car and stay near SeaTac airport light rail station

Stay downtown Seattle is a great city. Really enjoyed my time there the other year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT