ADVERTISEMENT

Sept 7 vs. Akron: Where to Park, Etc.

dconifer

All Conference
Oct 4, 2004
Hey, friends. I'm tentatively planning to come to the Sept. 7 game vs. Akron. It means I won't get to watch Michigan State at Maryland, but I can listen to it after your game.

Where do I park? I don't plan on buying a ticket in advance, or a parking pass, or any of that stuff. Hopefully I can just walk up to a ticket window and buy a ticket (it's Akron, should be possible, right?)

I haven't been to Rutgers Stadium since graduation day, 2015, or whatever year that was. I parked in a grass field near the stadium. I'll bet it's now either a tailgating spot or the site of one of your new, awesome buildings.

The Greek Church on corner of River Road and Riverview Road. has game day parking. There are several other game day lots on Riverview Rd if you go up past the church. All the lots are short walking distance and a few have some tailgate scene.

Reactions: vic_torre42
Johnson Park has day of game parking directly across from stadium. If not available, see good advice posted above, but instead of “lots” , I’d say “people’s backyards.”

As for available Tix , of course lol

Hey, friends. I'm tentatively planning to come to the Sept. 7 game vs. Akron. It means I won't get to watch Michigan State at Maryland, but I can listen to it after your game.

Where do I park? I don't plan on buying a ticket in advance, or a parking pass, or any of that stuff. Hopefully I can just walk up to a ticket window and buy a ticket (it's Akron, should be possible, right?)

I haven't been to Rutgers Stadium since graduation day, 2015, or whatever year that was. I parked in a grass field near the stadium. I'll bet it's now either a tailgating spot or the site of one of your new, awesome buildings.

The Greek Church is a much better option than The RAC

-vic

Johnson Park has day of game parking directly across from stadium.

"If" it's available - bad weather the week before can make it a mud pit that they won't open.

Hey, friends. I'm tentatively planning to come to the Sept. 7 game vs. Akron. ... Where do I park?

The three options are Johnson Park (you should know by early in the week whether it'll be open), the Greek Church (which can fill up, others on here can give you an idea of the timing of that), and at the RAC. If you park at the RAC they have shuttle buses to and fro for transportation to the stadium. How early do you think you'll be coming as it's a noon game? Usually starting around 10:30-11 traffic gets crazy getting into the lots, so keep that in mind.

"If" it's available - bad weather the week before can make it a mud pit that they won't open.

The three options are Johnson Park (you should know by early in the week whether it'll be open), the Greek Church (which can fill up, others on here can give you an idea of the timing of that), and at the RAC. If you park at the RAC they have shuttle buses to and fro for transportation to the stadium. How early do you think you'll be coming as it's a noon game? Usually starting around 10:30-11 traffic gets crazy getting into the lots, so keep that in mind.
also a bunch of houses on side streets near stadium who offer parking - short walk to stadium

Thanks, Spanky. I kind of like the sound of the RAC option. That park seems so close that I can't imagine that going well for somebody like me who doesn't know what he's doing. And the RAC is easy to drive to...

Thanks, Spanky. I kind of like the sound of the RAC option. That park seems so close that I can't imagine that going well for somebody like me who doesn't know what he's doing. And the RAC is easy to drive to...
Another option is the College Ave Parking Deck. If you walk and cross the Landing lane bridge, it's only a little over 1 mile. I think there is game day parking at the deck.

Never had a problem using Johnson Park, in good weather. If available - If you're planning on arriving a few hours early for tailgating, you shouldn't have a problem.

Anyone know what the Greek church charges for parking on game day?

Easier than the red lit but if you’re making a left towards 18, it’s still a hassle

Making a right towards 287 isn’t bad
It drives me crazy that they let people turn left there. One car turning left screws up exiting for the whole area.

Reactions: TRU2RU
What about the downtown parking structures near the train station?
Do they still run the busses from Albany Street to drop you at Johnson Park?
I parked there in the past when eating downtown before or after the game.

What about the downtown parking structures near the train station?
Do they still run the busses from Albany Street to drop you at Johnson Park?
I parked there in the past when eating downtown before or after the game.
They still run shuttles from downtown. I have to think that option has become more attractive for people since they started the Boardwalk. You can take the shuttle and still hang out for the pre-game scene with the Boardwalk.

Reactions: thegock
They still run shuttles from downtown. I have to think that option has become more attractive for people since they started the Boardwalk. You can take the shuttle and still hang out for the pre-game scene with the Boardwalk.
The parking maps do not show the bus route including Albany Street or anywhere near the train station. They show the bus route on College Ave near the Barn or Student Center. Hope I can find out before the first game.

The parking maps do not show the bus route including Albany Street or anywhere near the train station. They show the bus route on College Ave near the Barn or Student Center. Hope I can find out before the first game.
I’ll double check but shuttles normally run right across from the train station where the New York busses depart from.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT