ADVERTISEMENT

SHU Oregon

I don't think we are ready for an opponent of Seton Hall's caliber. Gritty team with talent.

Yeah SHU is going to be really tough to beat. If Powell were human I would give us a 50/50 chance at home in front of a rabid sellout crowd but he's not human.

Some punk on the UO bench just tripped Powell as he fell back into their sideline after banking in a three, smh.

Based on UO's size and athletic profile I am honestly not entirely sure why they were so eager to grab a 6'6" power forward with bad knees. I guess we'll see.

Reactions: kcg88
SHU also has nice size and athleticism. 4 bigs that can defend and are very active on both ends.

Got home for end of game. Don’t want to give Seton Hall any tips but Powell has to share the rock at end of games. I get he’s a superstar but they need to find their Scottie pippen. Same thing happened against Michigan state when they lost. Can’t control leads and it’s hero ball with Powell at end of every games

Got home for end of game. Don’t want to give Seton Hall any tips but Powell has to share the rock at end of games. I get he’s a superstar but they need to find their Scottie pippen. Same thing happened against Michigan state when they lost. Can’t control leads and it’s hero ball with Powell at end of every games

He was on fire in the beginning of the 2nd half. I think he made 6 threes in a row. An Oregon bench player tripped him on the sideline and it clearly got him playing emotional ball.

This loss was just the same as the finish of the Michigan State game. Powell is amazing. He made 6 straight threes but missed several shots in the last few minutes. Oregon missed quite a few free throws.

Their entire squad defers to Powell in last few minutes and watches and it’s isolation ball with him. Double team him and make someone else beat you.

I also thought Willard screwed up taking Gill out

Willard is awful in tight game crunch time situations. Powell took 25 shots, incredible. He was bad down the stretch though. They gotta play tyrese samuel more, kid is very good.

powell has his spot which is left elbow extended from 3. You really need to make an effort to keep him off that spot. Hes GREAT from there, maybe the best in the country from that spot. Hes very very average from 3 off that spot. Unfortunately I dont trust pike to take him off that spot

I said after the Michigan State that you can beat Seton Hall with a good gameplan.

Their big men are really good shot blockers so you have to be aware of that but they're BAD rebounders given their size. SHU is 265th in defensive rebound percentage which is laughable considering they're 2nd in average height.

Last year against them we murdered them on the boards and we can do the same again this year.

Last night Penn State blew a 21-point lead (and 16 points with 6 mins to go) to lose to Ole Miss in Brooklyn AND Shoo blows a 19-point lead to lose, in the same night! All is right in the world

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
Two things from what I saw. First, SHU had a tough time handling OU's full court press. Second, OU seemed to outwork SHU at the end of the game. Until SHU shows they can correct both, they're vulnerable. Nevertheless, they're still a top ten team.

Need to make Powell work hard on both ends of the court to hopefully tire him out late in the game.

To defeat Seton Hall Rutgers can't have a slow start on offense because winning this game will probably require at least 75 points.

Play aggressive D on Powell and go for steals until we have 6 fouls to start each half. Get the ball out of his hands. Force other guys to beat you.

Trap their ball-handlers until they break the press.

Force Powell to drive inside and earn his points in the paint. Double-team him if necessary.

Take it to the hole and draw fouls on their bigs. Always pump fake once to get those giants to leave their feet hungry for a block, the lean in, draw a foul and get the shot up.

Make your foul shots.

Reactions: higgins3
Play aggressive D on Powell and go for steals until we have 6 fouls to start each half. Get the ball out of his hands. Force other guys to beat you.

Trap their ball-handlers until they break the press.

Force Powell to drive inside and earn his points in the paint. Double-team him if necessary.

Take it to the hole and draw fouls on their bigs. Always pump fake once to get those giants to leave their feet hungry for a block, the lean in, draw a foul and get the shot up.

Make your foul shots.

also think we need a hot Geo.

Reactions: BillyC80
More of a missed opportunity than a bad loss no? I mean, Oregon is ranked No. 11. Come tournament time I doubt the committee will look at this and think "bad loss."
Agreed. My context was in the since they should have won but it’s not a bad loss for tournament time.

Reactions: Russ Wood
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT