ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Game Event Scheduling

MrsScrew

Heisman Winner
Sep 27, 2006
NJ
In addition to the Big & Rich concert that kicks off at 3:30pm and the game that kicks off at 5pm there are a number of other events going on including Women's LAX at 11 am, a money give away to the frat/sorority with the most members in attendance, and post game distribution of posters and the ability to get the players to sign them.

Reactions: PaRU102
I plan on getting to the Scarlet Lot about 1 PM. If the bubble isn't a madhouse like last spring, I'll probably take a quick run in there and see what gear is for sale. I'll be listening to the concert from the parking lot.

Definitely need that poster for my basement. That's the coolest one they've produced since Schiano left.

Gear sale is on April 28,29, & 30th in Bubble, not on day of Spring Game.

Happen to know what the Free item is they are giving away at the R Build table for those getting the certificate in the mailing this week with the parking passes?

Happen to know what the Free item is they are giving away at the R Build table for those getting the certificate in the mailing this week with the parking passes?

sorry, I do not know that answer.

Thanks Tru and Screw! Get the rhyme? Would be nice to see season ticket holders allowed in during the Friday date and not just students and faculty.

Thanks Tru and Screw! Get the rhyme? Would be nice to see season ticket holders allowed in during the Friday date and not just students and faculty.

I hope it is set up better than last year, which was a disaster. I waited in line outside for about 45 minutes then inside for another hour. You had to stand in one line even if you didn't want to purchase stuff from the first few booths that were set up. I ended up cutting the line to get a jersey (there were plenty) only to find that there were only 3 people able to take payment. There was also no limit on the number of items you could buy so I saw people walking out with cases of socks and tee shirts all of which were on ebay the next day.

Gear sale is on April 28,29, & 30th in Bubble, not on day of Spring Game.

Bob - Thanks. My brain made the correlation without paying attention to the dates. Odd that they wouldn't do both on the same day. But I guess if people really want stuff, they'll make a special trip.

Bob - Thanks. My brain made the correlation without paying attention to the dates. Odd that they wouldn't do both on the same day. But I guess if people really want stuff, they'll make a special trip.

Alumni Weekend... (and frankly not sure why they wouldn't do all of this at once)

Last edited:

http://rutgersday.rutgers.edu/

banner-RutgersDay2017.png

WHAT!? I thought you had your own search engine for all things Rutgers. I type in Screw vs. Google :smiley: (seriously, I figured worth a shot as you're so plugged in. )

Thanks MS.

I know. I felt like a failure writing that I didn't know. But now I do know, and so do you:

Big Ten Build rally towels, some block R phone wallets, We R B1G keychains and special gifts to anyone that comes up and makes a donation on the spot.

there. now I can sleep tonight,

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
Big Ten Build rally towels, some block R phone wallets, We R B1G keychains and special gifts to anyone that comes up and makes a donation on the spot.

Good information. Thanks.

Also thanks to all who pointed out that Rutgers Day is the following weekend. I still think it makes more sense to pair the equipment sale with the Spring game. Also hasn't Rutgers Day and the spring game always been the same day? I suppose with the Big 10 network having so much influence on scheduling, they can't necessarily coordinate that any longer.

Good information. Thanks.

Also thanks to all who pointed out that Rutgers Day is the following weekend. I suppose with the Big 10 network having so much influence on scheduling, they can't necessarily coordinate that any longer.
It's still Ag field day in this household, I hate that they had to piggy back on a great idea Cook came up with all those years ago for farmers and change the name. Also I doubt BTN will be televising a two hand touch practice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT