ADVERTISEMENT

Starting in 2025 CFB teams can carry up to 105 scholarship players

To me it just seems like this rule was put in place because rich schools were losing 5* bench players to less-rich schools because there was not enough room for them at the 5* hotels. This can mitigate that ensuring the teams that simply reload and compete for championships can continue to do so more easily while programs that rely on consistent player development and teaching 3* how to be 4*+ can continue to grind and grind and grind seemingly in place and then when a once overlooked recruit breaks through there is now plenty of room for him at Blue Blood Asshole-atorium U. (pre-season ranked top 15 after a 3 loss season) thanks to the new lax portal, and the cycle can repeat into infinity.

That's just my take though.

To me it just seems like this rule was put in place because rich schools were losing 5* bench players to less-rich schools because there was not enough room for them at the 5* hotels. This can mitigate that ensuring the teams that simply reload and compete for championships can continue to do so more easily while programs that rely on consistent player development and teaching 3* how to be 4*+ can continue to grind and grind and grind seemingly in place and then when a once overlooked recruit breaks through there is now plenty of room for him at Blue Blood Asshole-atorium U. (pre-season ranked top 15 after a 3 loss season) thanks to the new lax portal, and the cycle can repeat into infinity.

Sounds about right.

And it screws over smaller schools that are already on a tight budget. Some might have to say....no we can't afford 10 more scholarships.

Reactions: MADHAT1 and RU-AGK
And it screws over smaller schools that are already on a tight budget. Some might have to say....no we can't afford 10 more scholarships.
Each school’s situation will be different but I think the ultimate benefit will be to the athletes. You can go to OSU as a three star OL as the 20th lineman on scholarship. Benefit from world class nutrition and training for a year. You can then transfer to a MAC or AAC program and start the next year.

Also, this is good for RU because there’s always a few WTF commits a year from 2 star projects that GS pulls a trigger on. When they wash out, it will be of little consequence.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT