ADVERTISEMENT

Starting XI: Women's Soccer at UMass

Missing a striker 2nd year in a row. After Ali left, we got no one, Ali was not the answer last year, and Gia is not the answer this year, not sure what Mike’s deal is, 2 big misses.

The thing is...we RECRUIT girls who can score....then???
Girls who can score in high school but that really means nothing it’s what they can do against higher level competition and O’Neill is flat out doing a HORRIBLE job recruiting and it’s showing on the field as it has for the last 3 years
And big deal we made the NCAA’s so do 63 other teams!!

Heck of a throw. I scored it 4 or 5 in freestyle and 3 takedown plus 4 backs or even a pin in folkstyle. Did she wrestle? Oh and btw, it was UMass that instigated it after a foul.
Yeah...we're trying to figure out how the officials missed the first.punch which appeared to be thrown by the UMass chick.

Why?? Unfortunately she has a history of playing dirty and that is from watching her play; The original tackle was easily getting her a card as there was no attempt on the ball; if she could have kept her cool we could have been up a girl and now she is likely out for the next 2 games which to me is no great loss as she is not great up front yet plays a lot; she cannot finish at all

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
The dustup is what it is but man she is scrappy. The most concerning thing is yet again this team is painfully mediocre. We've tallied two goals in three matches. That should sum up the state of this program.

I had the game on in background but had company...so I didnt see this happen...but I saw that we were playing with 10...and didnt notice if UMass was...did the UMass girl also get tossed?

I thought the graphic only showed a red for RU....

Maybe
Why?? Unfortunately she has a history of playing dirty and that is from watching her play; The original tackle was easily getting her a card as there was no attempt on the ball; if she could have kept her cool we could have been up a girl and now she is likely out for the next 2 games which to me is no great loss as she is not great up front yet plays a lot; she cannot finish at all
Maybe 2 game suspension is blessing in that coach will have to change his line up. Maybe someone steps up and takes the position.

Reactions: Scarlettrooper
Agree Dentist. Tiernan is also a dirty foul machine.

Also agree with your post that being a scorer in HS or Club is no guarantee that you will score on the D1 collegiate level. As you have noted we lick overall speed, and the recruiting has been very poor.

Reactions: SirScarlet
What I didnt like to see was that no one on RU came to try to break it up or stop it. The goalkeeper of the other team and 4 other teammates of the UMASS player got to the altercation before 1 RU player. That says something to me about this teams chemistry.
#88 and #3 ( and I get one's a freshman and the other is RS freshman) are looking on and have no intention of helping.

What I didnt like to see was that no one on RU came to try to break it up or stop it. The goalkeeper of the other team and 4 other teammates of the UMASS player got to the altercation before 1 RU player. That says something to me about this teams chemistry.
#88 and #3 ( and I get one's a freshman and the other is RS freshman) are looking on and have no intention of helping.
Perhaps it had more to do with Girman.

I don't know how you can say it was dirty or there wasn't an attempt on the ball. I've watched the replay in slow motion 10+ times and it looked like a hard foul when she lunged at the ball. You see this in many games even without a card sometimes.
Agree Dentist. Tiernan is also a dirty foul machine.

Also agree with your post that being a scorer in HS or Club is no guarantee that you will score on the D1 collegiate level. As you have noted we lick overall speed, and the recruiting has been very poor.
What's dirty? Can you show some examples? Hard fouls going after the ball aren't dirty.

I don't know how you can say it was dirty or there wasn't an attempt on the ball. I've watched the replay in slow motion 10+ times and it looked like a hard foul when she lunged at the ball. You see this in many games even without a card sometimes.

What's dirty? Can you show some examples? Hard fouls going after the ball aren't dirty.
Running someone over or pushing them down from the back are!

Why?? Unfortunately she has a history of playing dirty and that is from watching her play; The original tackle was easily getting her a card as there was no attempt on the ball; if she could have kept her cool we could have been up a girl and now she is likely out for the next 2 games which to me is no great loss as she is not great up front yet plays a lot; she cannot finish at all.
Ridiculous post. No need for these garbage personal attacks.

Running someone over or pushing them down from the back are!
Have you watched soccer? Happens in almost every game. Nothing dirty about it. Yellow card at most. Ref had no control of the game. Look how many cards she issued after the two reds. Those two red cards were the first two cards of the game when the physical play had been going on all afternoon.

Hard foul sure - dirty? No. The fight didn’t start because of the foul, the fight started because the UMass player (not the one fouled) was trying to get the ball.

Rudad02 and richthedentist will find any reason they can to shit on the team. It's terrible.
Rudad02 is far and way one the most knowledgeable and ardent supporters of this program. He and I have had a variety of disagreements about the program but never would I accuse him of disparaging the program.

Ultimately, from what I’ve read, he’s appears to be coming around on some of my thoughts that I shared starting three or four years ago.

The ladies aren’t to blame for this mess. The coaches, coaching, and recruiting all stink. We are rapidly reaching the demise of this program. The roster is completely devoid of any speed and/or playmakers. Not their fault, his fault. Two goals in three matches against middling competition is inexcusable on all levels.

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT