ADVERTISEMENT

Student Life Cultural differences between PSU and RU

LKAP13

All Conference
Gold Member
Jul 12, 2001
So everyone probably knows that all parties at Rutgers Fraternities have been banned throughout the remainder of the year. Everyone probably also knows that KDR was the fraternity at PSU that was put on double secret probation for posting photos of nude and partially nude passed out co-eds as well as photo's of weed, coke and other drugs being divided for likely distribution.

The Rutgers fraternities are taking the ban very seriously and know that an infraction would lead to signficant discipline including the possibility of a charter being revoked. My son went to visit his best friend (a newly minted KDR brother) at PSU this past weekend and was amazed to see the party scene in general being completely over the top but specifically, the KDR's partying and shotgunning beers on their front lawn while heckling people stopping by to get a glimpse of their now infamous house.

I'm not even making a statement here, just sharing information. I think the restrictions at RU are a bit over the top and always have been even dating back the keg ban in the 80's when I was there, but clearly the lack of control at PSU is a bit alarming as well. I'm sure there is a happy medium here, but it is interesting that school that has been in the spotlight for lack of control in it's football program and it's fraternity community is the one that continues to be more lax in it's oversight - at least of the latter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News