ADVERTISEMENT

Suriano out of Olympic Trials....WOW

Absolutely brutal. I wonder if this makes him more or less likely to come back for his final year.

Man, this is tough to take, by so many measures.

Tough for Suriano. By all accounts he was working his ass off, doing everything right for this moment.
Tough for Rutgers' fans. I know Suriano is still a favorite son for a lot of you, and this must feel like a punch to the gut.
Tough for USA wrestling fans. Nick may have been the OTT champion, meaning he would be the best option for a potential Olympic medal. Not to mention, the trials themselves would be better with him there, win or not.

No matter how I've felt about him in the past, this is just an awful situation.

Maybe his coach at Sunkist (Perry) shouldn't have been partying at NCAA Tournament with everybody!
tenor.gif

Hope Nicky Pushups has a mild case and no lingering long term effects,
Whatever he decides, will root for him.
R. Lewis just got his first MMA win and we will see if Nick joins the MMA world.

I would imagine any RTC would be glad to have him if he decides to go 3 more years and try the Olympics one more time.

Reactions: LetsGoRUwrestling
I had the coronavirus it wasn't that bad. Nicky's in great shape he'll recover quickly. Don't really care for him and his father, but that really sucks for a kid's dreams be shattered like that. But I do agree Mark Perry, needed to stay out of that party scene, because I guarantee that screwball gave it to Nicky.

The good news is it’s only 3 years until the next Olympics but man I hope he shakes this thing and his retest comes back negative.

Hmmmmmmm... Not a peep about this on flowrestling... You'd think that would be major news!!

Hmmmmmmm... Not a peep about this on flowrestling... You'd think that would be major news!!
They aren't going to credit Mineo with the scoop so they are probably waiting for some sort of official confirmation but Pat is obviously connected with the Surianos.

Reactions: njsportsphan
As I questioned on the other Trial thread, certain covid tests are easier to administer but are unreliable. Hopefully Nick has a false positive which will be overturned by a more accurate and reliable covid test. Keep your fingers crossed RU Nation!

Reactions: LetsGoRUwrestling
They aren't going to credit Mineo with the scoop so they are probably waiting for some sort of official confirmation but Pat is obviously connected with the Surianos.
I never heard the story. What started the blood feud between Mineo and Flowrestling?

I never heard the story. What started the blood feud between Mineo and Flowrestling?

Willie had beef with him and then Pyles. He and Willie have since made up. Pat does not like Flo and will point out their flaws publicly whenever given the opportunity. Pyles had a 5 minute video rant on Pat about 18 months ago, which actually helped Pat build his brand and credibility.

Reactions: MS-RU and koleszar
Willie had beef with him and then Pyles. He and Willie have since made up. Pat does not like Flo and will point out their flaws publicly whenever given the opportunity. Pyles had a 5 minute video rant on Pat about 18 months ago, which actually helped Pat build his brand and credibility.
Yeah, Flo especially Pyles, doesn't like Pat because of his scoops/reporting and always trying to be first, sometimes without official confirmation so they think he is reckless, blurs the line, doesn't have to face consequences like they do, etc..I will give Pat credit though because he does have some legit connections and is right the majority of the time these days.

Pat also constantly points out when Flo makes a mistake in an article/tweet, has issues with broadcasts, etc...him and Willie are fighiting that battle together now against Flo.

Reactions: koleszar
That is just horribly bad luck. I really feel bad for him with all the hard work he has put in. Awful. Would love to see him come back next year and win another natty.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT