Suriano's Olympic Run and Coach Goodale at Rutgers Club 7pm November 12th

SKWC

Sophomore
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2016
SKWC_Graphic.png

Suriano Set to Start Olympic Run

usa_today_12406698.0.jpg

Nick Suriano is set to start his run for the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo, Japan by qualifying for the Olympic Trials next weekend in New York City at the Bill Farrell Memorial. Nick will be competing at 57kgs which is one of six Olympic weights. The highest placing Senior Freestyle USA athlete per weight category winning a medal, who has yet to qualify will earn a spot in the 2020 U.S. Olympic Team Trials.

NYAC / Bill Farrell Memorial Details:

Saturday, November 16

9:30 AM – 4:00 PM: Men’s Freestyle Session I
6:00 PM – 7:30 PM: Men’s Freestyle Medal Matches

Watch Here!

Wrestling Announces Nov. 12 Radio Show at Rutgers Club
S.jpg

PISCATAWAY, N.J. – Rutgers wrestling will host a one hour call-in show on Tuesday, Nov. 12 at 7 p.m. at the Rutgers Club on the Livingston Campus. The show will air on WCTC 1450-AM, the flagship station of Rutgers Athletics and will stream online via the Scarlet Knights App, ScarletKnights.com and Facebook Live.

All fans are welcome to attend the live broadcast of the show with hosts Chris Carlin and Nick Kosko. Fans are encouraged to submit questions in person at the show or by calling 1-877-384-1869. Questions can also be sent in via social media by tweeting at the @RutgersRadio handle or commenting on the Facebook Live feed.

RUTGERS CLUB MEMBERSHIP
All fans can attend the show at the Rutgers Club. However, becoming a member of the Rutgers Club offers additional benefits not available to the public. For more information on the Rutgers Club offerings click here and to become a member of the club click on the following link.

PARKING
Fans attending the show can park in the visitor spots located in Lot 101. Individuals with a membership to the Rutgers Club are permitted to park in the Rutgers Club parking lot, while those with faculty/staff parking privileges will be able to utilize the Beck Hall Gravel Lot.

Flowrestling reported today that at Suriano’s weight 57kg, also entered are a Seth Gross , Nathan Tomasello, Zane Richards ,& Darian Cruz , all previous NCAA champs or All Americans. Some other names as well.

All entries all weights

Reactions: ScarletGrapfan
Sorry that I'm so ignorant, but I'm just not keeping up with things as of yet. Does this mean that Gross WILL NOT be wrestling this year, if he's trying to make the Olympic team?

Sorry that I'm so ignorant, but I'm just not keeping up with things as of yet. Does this mean that Gross WILL NOT be wrestling this year, if he's trying to make the Olympic team?

You can still wrestle college and go to the Olympic Qualifying events. Gross took a medical RS last year. And transferred for the 2nd or 3rd time. Spencer Lee is going to wrestle a limited College schedule too and be a big part of the 57Kg trials, he has already qualified. , Kyle Snyder also wrestled a limited college schedule and did USA Team trials as well a few years ago for the World Championships.

The Trials will be at Penn St in April (4-5) several weeks after NCAA tourney in Minn.

This upcoming Bill Farrell is a really good tournament, check out all the great names. For $20 you can sit pretty close to the action too.

Reactions: Ban Basketball
You can still wrestle college and go to the Olympic Qualifying events. Gross took a medical RS last year. And transferred for the 2nd or 3rd time. Spencer Lee is going to wrestle a limited College schedule too and be a big part of the 57Kg trials, he has already qualified. , Kyle Snyder also wrestled a limited college schedule and did USA Team trials as well a few years ago for the World Championships.

The Trials will be at Penn St in April (4-5) several weeks after NCAA tourney in Minn.

This upcoming Bill Farrell is a really good tournament, check out all the great names. For $20 you can sit pretty close to the action too.
Thanks. I guess that I knew that.

This was Gross' third transfer. He started with the Sqwawkers, and got involved in that drunken breaking and entering deal.

Reactions: Abro1975
Just like in Iowa City a few years ago, can I again be so hedonistic to hope for some spankings of Ped State wrestlers on their home turf? :cool2:

From this past weekend :

"Seth Gross began his Wisconsin career in a way that only he could. The 2018 NCAA champion at 133 pounds pinned Gary Joint of Fresno State in 4 minutes, 9 seconds, claiming his first victory in a Wisconsin singlet. In his next bout, Gross took a major decision from Army's Lane Peters."

"In the 133-pound match, No. 1 Seth Gross faced off against No. 22 Casey Cobb (Navy). Gross continued his dominant day for Wisconsin and claimed a major decision of 11-2. This was Gross's first victory of a ranked opponent and he remains 3-0 on the season."

Here is what gets me wondering a bit, Gross is now wrestling 133, yet will have to get to 57kg (126.6 pounds) by November 13 or 14 for the Bill Farrel Tourney. How much will that take out of him ? And while Suriano, Nato, and the others concentrating on FS for the past few months, Gross has been probably doing more Folk Style for the College season at his new school, Wisc. , than FS.

Last edited:
From this past weekend :

"Seth Gross began his Wisconsin career in a way that only he could. The 2018 NCAA champion at 133 pounds pinned Gary Joint of Fresno State in 4 minutes, 9 seconds, claiming his first victory in a Wisconsin singlet. In his next bout, Gross took a major decision from Army's Lane Peters."

"In the 133-pound match, No. 1 Seth Gross faced off against No. 22 Casey Cobb (Navy). Gross continued his dominant day for Wisconsin and claimed a major decision of 11-2. This was Gross's first victory of a ranked opponent and he remains 3-0 on the season."

Here is what gets me wondering a bit, Gross is now wrestling 133, yet will have to get to 57kg (126.6 pounds) by Nove 13 or 14. How much will that take out of him ? And while Suriano, Nato, and the others concentrating on FS for the past few months, Gross has been probably doing more Fold Style for the College season at his new school, Wisc. , than FS.
I actually knew that Gross wrestled this weekend, so I should have known the answer to my earlier question.

It seems with the international weigh in rules, like MMA, that many of those folks can suck down to ridiculous weights and have many hours to recover. I think of the cut that Mike Zadick used to make 132 as proof of that.

Reactions: Abro1975
Just read ex NCAA champ Nashon Garrett (Cornell) entered 57kg today as well.

I actually knew that Gross wrestled this weekend, so I should have known the answer to my earlier question.

It seems with the international weigh in rules, like MMA, that many of those folks can suck down to ridiculous weights and have many hours to recover. I think of the cut that Mike Zadick used to make 132 as proof of that.

Weigh-In rules have changed for International events and USA Sr events. Weigh-Ins are Saturday morning from 7:30-8:00am, wrestling starts at 9:30 am. Not that much time to re-hydrate.

Reactions: RU Diesel07110
Weigh-In rules have changed for International events and USA Sr events. Weigh-Ins are Saturday morning from 7:30-8:00am, wrestling starts at 9:30 am. Not that much time to re-hydrate.
Ah, so, basically, matside, as they do in college? I follow international wrestling none, so I wouldn't have known. Thanks.

With that knowledge, yes, Gross will kill himself to get to 126. I don't see him being much of a factor with these new rules.

Reactions: rutgers lar
Flowrestling reported today that at Suriano’s weight 57kg, also entered are a Seth Gross , Nathan Tomasello, Zane Richards ,& Darian Cruz , all previous NCAA champs or All Americans. Some other names as well.

All entries all weights
Rumor has it that Nolf and Joseph will both be at 74 for this, which i think puts that bracket at at least 8 NCs. Crazy.

Spencer Lee now has entered the Bill Farrell Tournament. 57kg now has Suriano, Spencer Lee, Thomas Gilman, Nathan Tomasello, Darian Cruz, Zane Richards, Frank Perrelli (Cornell/ Delbarton) and others.

Last edited:
Reactions: ruready07
Spencer Lee now has entered the Bill Farrell Tournament. 57kg now has Suriano, Spencer Lee, Thomas Gilman, Nathan Tomasello, Darian Cruz, Zane Richards, Frank Perrelli (Cornell/ Delbarton) and others.
Spencer and Gilman are not registered.Spencer isn't going and I don't believe Gilman is either.Cory Clark recently registered

Spencer and Gilman are not registered.Spencer isn't going and I don't believe Gilman is either.Cory Clark recently registered

I could have sworn that I read yesterday in on an Iowa media site that Spencer Lee adjusted his schedule and was going to the Bill Farrell this weekend, I will try to find it again. Pretty sure Seth Gross too.

In Texas next month the top 5 finishers qualify for the Olympic trials, so i would expect a big turnout there.

Going to be a great tournament. I know what I will be watching on Saturday and it is not RU Football (OK, the football game may be on the TV in the background)

I could have sworn that I read yesterday in on an Iowa media site that Spencer Lee adjusted his schedule and was going to the Bill Farrell this weekend, I will try to find it again. Pretty sure Seth Gross too.

In Texas next month the top 5 finishers qualify for the Olympic trials, so i would expect a big turnout there.
Just checked entry list again.No Lee or Gilman.
Guys going so far 57kg
Jacob Moran
Austin Miller
Darian Cruz
Seth Gross
Guesseppe Rea
Nathan Tomasello
Zane Richards
Nashon Garrett
Eddie Klimara
Nick Suriano
Frank Perrelli