ADVERTISEMENT

Syracuse Fans Wishing Us Well at Gator Bowl - Link

I never knew I had anything in common with the stork. This could have been written by me, except both my mom and dad went to Syracuse, and it was my daughter, not son, who graduated from Rutgers. Remember, Syracuse is an expensive private school with just average academics. Almost no one from the “frozen tundra” attends school there or has been an alumni for the last 40 years. The Syracuse fan base is made up of two groups, the alumni who generally are from NJ, downstate NY, Long Island, suburban Philadelphia, and the locals. It is the alumni from NJ and near-by who are the Rutgers haters. They are more likely to live in your neighborhood, than in the frozen tundra.
EE, I went to the game in the Dome when Syracuse beat us and sacked Tom Savage about 100 times. Met some of the nicest people there. Most critical thing they said to us was we needed this win a lot more than you did. Most upstaters come from smaller cities and towns where you run into the same people often so you can't be a dick unless you want a fat lip within the next week. In NJ you can say whatever you want because you're unlikely to ever see that person again.

so if a few RU fans are “obsessed”with Cuse would you agree (since you use this thread as your proof) then they are any where from 1/229 to 1/468 as obsessed as Cuse fans. I mean, you need to concede… since you are using this thread to demonstrate your point of RU fans obsession over Cuse. Would you agree?
Haha.. then apply the curve as to how many more Rutgers alums are compared to Cuse... assuming, of course, for a fan to be so obsessed they must also have gone to that school.. if not graduated from it. Rutgers is like 3X the size of Cuse.. so that makes it something over 1/600th to 1/1000th as obsessed.

Briancuse complaining his tax dollars help fund Rutgers football. 😂 Then leave the state.

Last edited:
Briancuse is the typical couldn't get into Rutgers student who carries a grudge. Daddy had the cash to send him to SU for his mediocre education. There's another one in that thread, NJneer who from his poor writing skills also falls into that boat.

They're lucky they have the ACC to carry them. Otherwise they'd be like Uconn. And who knows maybe the ACC will realize they've had enough of the frozen tundra and move to bring in Cincinnati as a partner for Louisville or maybe West Virginia.

EE, I went to the game in the Dome when Syracuse beat us and sacked Tom Savage about 100 times. Met some of the nicest people there. Most critical thing they said to us was we needed this win a lot more than you did. Most upstaters come from smaller cities and towns where you run into the same people often so you can't be a dick unless you want a fat lip within the next week. In NJ you can say whatever you want because you're unlikely to ever see that person again.

I was also at that game, might have been sitting next to you.

Reactions: graystork
Wait.. their thread calls Rutgers Snooki?

Isn't Snooki from New York?

If anything doesn't a New Yorker dying to be from Jersey mean Syracuse is Snooki?

They're also both Orange and have-beens with a Napoleonic complex. That's definitely Syracuse.

That thread is hilariously pathetic.

Absolute definition of living rent free...

If that thread of the of thousands of posts about Rutgers is still alive, that makes them the most obsessive losers on the internet. Hands down. That’s years and years of obsession.
Someone should really download that entire thread. It is pure obsession and comedy gold. We need to keep that one for posterity and entertainment purposes.

Wait.. their thread calls Rutgers Snooki?

Isn't Snooki from New York?

If anything doesn't a New Yorker dying to be from Jersey mean Syracuse is Snooki?

They're also both Orange and have-beens with a Napoleonic complex. That's definitely Syracuse.

That thread is hilariously pathetic.

Absolute definition of living rent free...

Haha.

I thought the same - those friggin idiots!! Snooki is from UPSTATE NEW YORK!!!

they cant even get that right.

so ironic.

so stupid.

Folks I'm arguing with an idiot Syracuse alum. What is our record vs SU in Football and Basketball this century.

Any other interesting info would be great

Folks I'm arguing with an idiot Syracuse alum. What is our record vs SU in Football and Basketball this century.

Don’t know that.

But, the last time we played SU in football, mens hoops AND Mens LAX, Rutgers beat Syracuse.

You are right it seems to be strange as the people here who are obsessed with them.
Syracuse threads come and fade away promptly here

That is not obsession

Obsession is a nine year, million view
Thread ,no?
Even you have to admit that

Reactions: TRU2RU

football is 8-4 against syracuse 2001 to today.. make it 8-5 since 2000 and we won in 1999

Syracuse dominates in basketball 16-3 since 2000.. I think you have blanked out the Eddie Jordan years... and Pike has beaten then only once in 2020-21 and we had not played them since 2012-13.

They are 23-1 at home and even 15-9 at the RAC and I'd imagine for teams that we played often, they probably have the best RAC record all-time.

Last edited:
Reactions: fg7321
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT