ADVERTISEMENT

Tai Strickland transferring from Wash

Well he did hit 50% of his three-pointers and 75% of his free throws. If we can overlook the fact that he only got to take eight of each over the course of the year, he looks pretty good on paper!

No thanks as well. We have enough guards and now people keep wanting us to take Quinerly and Strictland. Pikiell has stated many times he wants guys who want to be at RU and both of these guys snubbed us when they could have come to RU. Alvarado did the same thing when he decided to go to Georgia Tech.

Agreed enough guards but can never have enough talent and skill players. He redshirts next year, bulks up, learns our system, then he can definitely contribute in 2 years. Caleb is a good player and has the size to grow into a 3. Also mulcahys size allows him to play point but also guard 2s and 3s..

I remember one of the announcers during a Wisconsin game around January said he spoke with Rod Strickland who told him Tai was absolutely loving the school and the team.

Saw him play very briefly a couple of times during garbage time. Short sample size, but that along with the fact that he couldn’t get a sniff in the roatation (I know they have strong guards), tells me we did much better with McConnell.

Reactions: superfan01
I remember one of the announcers during a Wisconsin game around January said he spoke with Rod Strickland who told him Taj was absolutely loving the school and the team.

Saw him play very briefly a couple of times during garbage time. Short sample size, but that along with the fact that he couldn’t get a sniff in the roatation (I know they have strong guards), tells me we did much better with McConnell.

Guess that was before he basically wasn’t in Wisky’s rotation during the B1G schedule.

Guessing Strickland is a pure PG...based on his dad.

I'll bet he could be better than some on the roster....but how much better?

It's like we have 2 aces, a king, queen and a jack. Not throwing back an ace to try and get a straight. 2 aces is a good hand.

Reactions: hiwater
Another example of how the grass isnt always greenier at a big name school. Strange how just s month or two ago his dad was saying how much his son loved the school.

As for who is better between McConnell and Strickland. Let’s be fair. Not sure how many minutes McConnell gets at wisky this year.

Reactions: 78CollegeAve
Another example of how the grass isnt always greenier at a big name school. Strange how just s month or two ago his dad was saying how much his son loved the school.

As for who is better between McConnell and Strickland. Let’s be fair. Not sure how many minutes McConnell gets at wisky this year.

McConnell would be deadly at Wisconsin by spacing the floor and being a catch and shoot kid from the 3, while Trice and others whip the ball around....he would find minutes immediately at Wisconsin if the roles were reversed.

McConell + Johnson have become my favorite dudes on the team.

We found a good one, good luck to Tai. I am sure he will find a place to call home. I just hope we don’t snag any more guards right now unless he’s a can’t miss guy.

The kid could not get on the floor for Wisconsin (3 min./game), which suggests that he's not as skilled as many thought coming out of HS.

Wouldnt be shocked to see him go to UCF if it's not done already.

Former NBA player Aaron McKie is now HC at Temple and Mark Macon is now an assistant for McKie as well. I would guess those two sealed this commitment for Dad Rod Strickland and his son.

Former NBA player Aaron McKie is now HC at Temple and Mark Macon is now an assistant for McKie as well. I would guess those two sealed this commitment for Dad Rod Strickland and his son.
Good player for those Iverson 76ers teams. But they sure played an ugly brand of basketball

Temple finished at 23-10 last season. Not too shabby. Temple is not Wisconsin, though.

They're graduating Shizz Alston, but they have the Pierre-Louis brothers.

Temple finished at 23-10 last season. Not too shabby. Temple is not Wisconsin, though.
Temple was back in the NCAA Tournament. They are however a far cry from when the program went to the Tournament 12 consecutive seasons.

If I'm not mistaken, only Kentucky, Kansas, North Carolina and Duke have won more basketball games than Temple.

They're graduating Shizz Alston, but they have the Pierre-Louis brothers.
Also J.P. Moorman, Quinton Rose (if he could just develop a reliable perimeter jump shot he'd be REALLY tough to defend) and Alani Moore also return. They are going to miss Alston in a big way though.

I think they are in the mix with an Indiana transfer whose father played at Temple. Forrester?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT