ADVERTISEMENT

The Army is on the way

I don’t think there’s any reason to worry. Army can definitely win 157, 165, 174. Even if they upset in two other weight classes, they would need more bonus points than what Alvarez, Rivera, Poz, and Bulsak put together.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
This one has me a bit anxious. If one or two of our guys have a bad outing we could lose this match. Wrestlestats has us winning but we're losing 13-10 after the 174 bout. Here's the link
https://www.wrestlestat.com/compare/dual/66/rutgers/5/army
Army is better then I thought but we got this.. match of the night will be MVB vs #19 Ogunsaya

157 is the co main event tossup vs #27 Hartman
Army will also be favored in 165 and 174
.. so yeah if Army wins the two tossup and steals a match at 197 or hwt it would be a 5:5 split.

I am curious to see what 165 brings.
Hopefully Clark can get some revenge from his 3-0 earlier defeat.

Nice job ruining a simple discussion about how close the match with Army might be.

Last edited:
Nice job ruining a simple discussion about how close the match with Amry might be.
To get back on topic anytime a service academy is the opponent -in any sport -expect a maximum effort from them. Throw into the equation some of the individual bouts that have been mentioned and the ingredients for a good dual are in place. It is great to see the fire that our guys are showing as they build to the B1G season. Shapes up as a good night of wrestling.

A lot has to go wrong for this to be a close match. If a lot goes wrong, it'll be a disappointment. This will be our 1st true home match, attendance and atmosphere wise now that preseason is over.

A lot has to go wrong for this to be a close match. If a lot goes wrong, it'll be a disappointment. This will be our 1st true home match, attendance and atmosphere wise now that preseason is over.
I really hope we pack the house. This will be my youngest grandsons first match.

Reactions: Bobbynieds
I really hope we pack the house. This will be my youngest grandsons first match.
I am expecting a very large crowd. First home dual(not counting quad), Friday night(no youth sports to compete), Army vs Navy game the next day(could get some Army fans to show up), and RU wrestling offered free tickets to High School wrestling teams. 3,000 season ticket holders......I think we get between 5-6 K fans.
Should be electric!

It will be a good test for our guys and a step up in competition from our prior 9 except UNC if they wrestled all of their first string. Could we lose? Sure if we don’t wrestle well and have all our first string.

I am expecting a very large crowd. First home dual(not counting quad), Friday night(no youth sports to compete), Army vs Navy game the next day(could get some Army fans to show up), and RU wrestling offered free tickets to High School wrestling teams. 3,000 season ticket holders......I think we get between 5-6 K fans.
Should be electric!
We had my other grandson at the best match ever. 149 LBS: #1 Matt Kolodzik vs. #2 Anthony Ashnault.

We had my other grandson at the best match ever. 149 LBS: #1 Matt Kolodzik vs. #2 Anthony Ashnault.
The match where their coach said Ash wouldn’t score against him and Ash destroyed him and pointed at the coach to check the scoreboard and laughed ...had to be there for that defining moment ..it had the RAC rockin !

The match where their coach said Ash wouldn’t score against him and Ash destroyed him and pointed at the coach to check the scoreboard and laughed ...had to be there for that defining moment ..it had the RAC rockin !
I have a signed picture of AA holding up all ten of his fingers to the Tigers bench. I still have that match on DVR and watch it from time to time.

That match was great. But I still feel for Kolodzik who pulled his Olympic redshirt for like 3 matches and then covid shut the sport down. He should have been granted a bonus year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT