ADVERTISEMENT

The Crabs Claw in Lavavlette

must have sold a lot of beer yesterday. I had lunch there Friday and notice they have a special going. $1 beers every time RU scores.

Always been a fan of that place since I was in HS

Ate there about 3 weeks ago. Sister and her husband have a house in Mantoloking about 10 minutes north. They have some kind of crab bisque soup which is excellent. Had to wait about an hour for a table but they have the trivia game at the bar which made the time go fast

Reactions: FanuSanu52
The good: They serve a delicious crockpot of hot mulled cider when fall and winter arrives.
The bad: Its a WV bar through and through if you go upstairs

Reactions: Scarletwoman
Ate there about 3 weeks ago. Sister and her husband have a house in Mantoloking about 10 minutes north. They have some kind of crab bisque soup which is excellent. Had to wait about an hour for a table but they have the trivia game at the bar which made the time go fast

Always have the creamy crab soup when I go, its good. I chose not to mention that they offer the same $1 beers when WVU scores as well but hey at least they are doing something for RU.

Ill start with being transparent. I grew up in Lavallette. The owners are long time friends going back before Sam bought the building. He was at Krones (since long gone) but struck out on his own. Since day 1 The Crabs Claw Inn has been like home to all my family. My sisters worked there, it was my parents Friday night go to. Had cousins who were long time entertainment. Just a great family place.
Don't care that about the WVU thing at all as one of their kids went there. They like RU fans and support the team.
They are approaching 40 years in business. Place is packed everyday in the summer and always on weekends through the winter. A tough thing to do in that business especially when you are in a summer shore town.
Tons of great stories but Ill post this one about their son from a few years back.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/05/the_wave_whisperer_nj_surfer_f.html

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT