ADVERTISEMENT

The fans should be...

Section114

Junior
Jan 13, 2012
Ashamed of themselves. I feel like I am at a Maryland home game. Don't blame the weather. If they could get here so can all of our fans.

WRONG...Very icy out...Md fans either were already enroute or local...please don't call fans out for not showing in dangerous weather

The fact that any Rutgers fan is there with yet another miserable season under our belt is a testimony to them.

Bac- my point is they sold their tix long before they knew the weather report. I would rather have an empty RAC than be surrounded by Terp fans.

Weather is horrible - safety first - period, end of story......like it or not team has been horrendous - at the end of the day this is entertainment. Can't blame fans for not wanting to see poor play. That being said we are hanging in there with a top 10.

We started out and turned back - extremely hazardous. I've missed very few games in the last 35 years and this is one that I really wanted to get to. Not worth risking life and limb

Maryland has a lot of fans in the area. Don't call the fans out- we were at the game.

OP is out of his mind. If this team gave more effort on the court the fans would have shown more effort getting there. Count my seats among the empty seats. I have no regrets.

Originally posted by Section114:
Ashamed of themselves. I feel like I am at a Maryland home game. Don't blame the weather. If they could get here so can all of our fans.
Awful team + awful weather x no hope = low attendance

Pretty simple math here.

There are a lot of Maryland grads in jersey. They've been looking forward to this game for months.

I agree, it feels awful to hear the RAC the loudest in years chanting Lets Go Maryland.

Don't know what it was like in the first half....took me over 2 hours to get to the game from North Jersey. Got to the game with 8 minutes left, but couldn't miss Senior night.

Dude, the team sucks, you're not going to get full houses. They haven't won a game in like 2 months and weren't going to win this one. The program is lucky that people even remember the season is still taking place.

Unfortunately this will be the norm...less RU fans more visiting Big 10 fans...the school will be happy because they get a full RAC and do not reaaly care if more than a third of the building is rooting for the other team

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT