ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL RUTGERS-NORTHWESTERN PREDICTION THREAD

ESPN has us at 91% win over NW

2 of NWs best players/starters...Kopp & Young are Freshmen from NJ
lets show em they should have stayed in NJ..

Rutgers 81
NW........67

Reactions: Scangg
NW has been playing in a lot of close games lately, and then they end up losing by about 8 to 10 points. They're not horrible, and they have guys that can score (Miller Kopp has been very good for them, and can score at all three levels). NW doesn't shoot all that well from 3-pt range (31.7%), but that's better than us, and they've certainly had games in which they've hit a bunch of threes. So this isn't going to be an easy game by any stretch. However, I think we win out in the end, as I think we match up very well with them because of our superior athleticism.

RU 72
NW 62

Do or die game for us now. Lose and I fear we will have problems the rest of the way. Just friggen win!!!

The season has boiled down to winning this game, and then taking any 3 of the remaining 7. But it all starts with winning this one. Huge game. This would be a good time for Harper and/or Baker to get back to their normal self.

And based on what I just read on the Zavier Simpson thread, Pike has to play Young. Same league. A precedent has been set. No reason to treat our guy worse just because our cops do their job. Hell, I guarantee you if Simpson did what JY did, there is no arrest and no incident. These Michigan police should be ashamed of themselves. Maybe next time when the kid kills someone he'll be afforded the opportunity to learn a lesson.

so surprised. You should consider taking up model railroading. why torture yourself with negative thoughts.
If theres one thing I am its objective in my analysis of our teams. Was I negative when i said wed get better without deshawn and eugene? Was I negative when I predicted preseason that we should dance?

If theres one thing I am its objective in my analysis of our teams. Was I negative when i said wed get better without deshawn and eugene? Was I negative when I predicted preseason that we should dance?
You are always negative. Who cares what you thought when we lost EO. I am deluged with people like you and am sick of it. Glass is always full - root for seton hall.

You are always negative. Who cares what you thought when we lost EO. I am deluged with people like you and am sick of it. Glass is always full - root for seton hall.
Im always negative? Haha

Pressure's building. Would be a VERY good sign to see RU come out and play loose. But I don't quite see it happening. But I predict the offense returns. RU 73 NW 64

Yes you are - how about this gem - "Pike is a horrendous offensive coach". Just a silly statement. Why live your life with constant bad karma.
Youre making zero sense. Objectively speaking he is a horrific offensive coach. Why do you think otherwise? Do you know in his 15 years as a head coach that hes never once had a team finish in the top 100 of offensive efficiency?

Youre making zero sense. Objectively speaking he is a horrific offensive coach. Why do you think otherwise? Do you know in his 15 years as a head coach that hes never once had a team finish in the top 100 of offensive efficiency?
Not true.

His last year at stony brook they were 50th. Setting that aside don’t you think perhaps that the ability to shoot the basketball might impact that metric just a little?
Wrong. Kenpom shows his last year at SB he was 132nd nationally. Of course the ability to shoot the basketball effects this metric. Whos job is it to recruit those players?

it’d be like saying a companies sales are really slow and you saying “wouldnt hiring good salesmen effect the companies ability to sell?”. Uh well, yeah, duh

So we are now collapsing 2 separate threads complaining about a team's offensive efficiency from Stony Brook and here??

It's like leaving 2/3rd of the other story out of basketball (defense and rebounding).

I dont know who has the highest offensive efficiency each year. But I guarantee 75% of the teams that are in Power 5 conferences that make the NIT/NCAAs, are probably in the top 1/3rd or 1/4 on defense.

Who doesn't play good defense in the B1G...?? Most of the league defends 1st, scores 2nd. NW and Nebraska don't defend....we can be bad on both ends if we like....or be good to excellent on defense, which is the baseline of a winning program.

Not only do we win big (82-66)) but we will see a lot of “oh my God’s“ lol

giphy.gif

All cylinders START to click again. Not pretty, however, win by 12+ and gain some confidence back!

Am I reading this right - You upgraded Pike from "horrendous" to "horrific". Who knows - maybe if they make the NCAA tourney you will upgrade him to "awful".

Wrong. Kenpom shows his last year at SB he was 132nd nationally. Of course the ability to shoot the basketball effects this metric. Whos job is it to recruit those players?

it’d be like saying a companies sales are really slow and you saying “wouldnt hiring good salesmen effect the companies ability to sell?”. Uh well, yeah, duh
The metric you cite is adjusted for the schedule I believe. Since stony brook is a low level team I would expect them to be worse on an adjusted basis. Unadjusted they were 50th. Thinking stony brook and the rutgers pike inherited are going to be offensive juggernauts is not realistic. A reasonable person would realize it takes time to build a program and get better players. Pike obviously focuses on defense and rebounding and it’s working. Elite offensive players are hard to recruit when your program has been the worst in division 1 forever. The guy’s doing a great job.

Reactions: BillyC80
NW has played teams tough - even some on the road. They have had a week to prepare so I expect a tough game. But they are young - not a great thing for a road game. Be interesting to see how the boards go as they have some good big men. Tight most of the game 62-55.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT