ADVERTISEMENT

There is excitement on both boards because

Dpgru

All Conference
Jan 17, 2015
We are finally behaving, from top to bottom, as if we belong in this league. Since the firings of Flood and Herman, then Jordan, there has been an enthusiasm and a tone on both the MBB and the FB boards that is very different. Even the posters who are on wait and see mode end there post with a statement of belief and trust in the new staffs and the new AD. I hope we are all rewarded with results on the field. Some threads have asked what we expect to see next season, well, I really believe all the posters here really expect us to look as if we belong there. If we achieve that, in both sports, then the seasons will be successful and they will be positions from which we can improve and move forward. Looking forward to next year with great enthusiasm.

Until last week i never even would go to the basketball board. The narrative is changing and there is optimism in the air

Excitement is good . It will probably last until we start playing the games and you know keeping score , which is the point of the whole thing .

Excitement is good . It will probably last until we start playing the games and you know keeping score , which is the point of the whole thing .

Debbie-Downer.jpg

There was no reason to be optimistic about anything this past fall. All three of our key leaders (Flood, Jordan Hermann) were deeply flawed. We also seemed to have a leadership that had no interest in doing anything about are situation until 2021.

Things have really changed for the good.

Until last week i never even would go to the basketball board. The narrative is changing and there is optimism in the air
I easily visited the basketball board more in the past week than the past 3 years combined. I expect a slow turnaround in the win column but for the first time since Waters was the head coach I am feeling optimistic that the program is finally heading in the right direction.

Agreed, I've been visiting the Basketball board a lot over the past few weeks, as well as the Wrestling Board (following the conversations on the NCAA tournament). Of course, it was all "OT" on the Football board, so it wasn't like a lot was going on there...

I suppose there is always a positive vibe when a new coach comes aboard, and is 0-0. Time will tell how that vibe goes.

Having a zero losses and imaginary wins is a good way to build excitement. This time next year it will be interesting to see how many busses these guys are thrown under.

Reactions: RUSK97 and mikefla
Having a zero losses and imaginary wins is a good way to build excitement. This time next year it will be interesting to see how many busses these guys are thrown under.

Exactly correct. It has absolutely nothing to do with acting like we belong. Acting like we belong...how? What other Big Ten school would hire the basketball coach we just hired??

There is a lot of excitement because neither coach has coached a single game yet. There is no reason to think anything other than that we have the perfect coaches hired. It will all change in short order next fall.

Exactly correct. It has absolutely nothing to do with acting like we belong. Acting like we belong...how? What other Big Ten school would hire the basketball coach we just hired??

There is a lot of excitement because neither coach has coached a single game yet. There is no reason to think anything other than that we have the perfect coaches hired. It will all change in short order next fall.
Got to love the optimism and confidence in Hobbs

I agree LOL

This is the Hobbes, Ash Pikiell honeymoon period LOL:pray:

I am guilty of premature hoorah...when the lacrosse team was undefeated...only to getb TOTALLY shellacked by Stony Brook:joy:........dont get me wrong...we ARE a much better team and we DO have talent.........but we are a long way away from even making the playoffs,,,,,time will tell

Well, TTFP hired the former BU coach. I would say hiring the Stony Brook coach is even a step up from that. I believe Illinois hired the Ohio coach a few years back, and Iowa hiring the Siena coach is working out well for them.

Well, TTFP hired the former BU coach. I would say hiring the Stony Brook coach is even a step up from that. I believe Illinois hired the Ohio coach a few years back, and Iowa hiring the Siena coach is working out well for them.

All fair enough. My point was only that the resounding optimism isn't really based in some demonstration that we want to compete at the top of the Big Ten. Its not like we dropped $5mm and brought Richt here or something along those lines. We hired the types of coaches that schools like Rutgers hires.

I think we all hope the coaches work out.

Disagree. Anybody who has ANY expectations, other than improvement/excitement/hope/pride/desire, etc, on and off the field - for both sports - is simply fooling themselves and in the vast minority. I'm pretty sure most of us are expecting another 4-8 MAYBE 5-7 type of season, in football, and hopefully getting to the 13-14 win mark in hoops. Nothing crazy whatsoever, to be honest, but there are always the "outliers" with great and/or unrealistic expectations.

Reactions: Bones131
All fair enough. My point was only that the resounding optimism isn't really based in some demonstration that we want to compete at the top of the Big Ten. Its not like we dropped $5mm and brought Richt here or something along those lines. We hired the types of coaches that schools like Rutgers hires.

I think we all hope the coaches work out.

Agree- way better than Jordan and Flood who we know would be over their heads from day one. Both are lot more in the Schiano mold, which worked out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT