ADVERTISEMENT

***Tuesday Recruiting Rundown 2/24***

bobby deren

Heisman Winner
Feb 8, 2007
Here is our latest Tuesday Recruiting Rundown courtesy of Shawn Brown.

WR
Ahmir Mitchell - Cedar Creek
Scarlet Nation has learned that Mitchell will be visiting the Rutgers campus on Monday. Rutgers continues to do very well with the junior. Many also believe he could wind up committing to the same school as Bergen Catholic QB Jarrett Guarantano, who is also in good standing with RU.

Mitchell's older brother, Damon, committed to Arkansas in the class of 2013, although he has seen little playing time down in Fayetteville. Mitchell appeared in just four games last season as a redshirt freshman wide receiver. Seeing his brother go so far away from home could also wind up working into RU's favor with the younger Mitchell. The Scarlet Knights were the older Mitchell's other finalist.

WR Marcus Simms - Sherwood (Md.)
Another wide receiver offer went out to the class of 2016 as the Maryland junior counted RU as his eighth total offer. Simms also had a unique way of finding out about the offer.

"I was in class and my girlfriend was outside my classroom," Simms explained. "She said 'come here.' So I left class and went to talk to her. She said she thought I got a Rutgers offer because it was all over Twitter. I was excited when I found out. I knew it was coming but it is still a great school. I am excited to get up there and see the campus."

RB Tyrek Tisdale - Oak Ridge (Fla.)
Rutgers is going back to a familiar state in their search for running backs in the class of 2016. Tisdale, who has an offer from the Scarlet Knights, is hearing mostly from new offensive coordinator Ben McDaniels who is pushing the pro-style offense.

"(The fit is) pretty good, they feel I can help their offense," said Tisdale

Tisdale has no current visits planned right now but he said South Carolina, Pitt and Louisville are recruiting him the hardest.

DB Zechariah McPhearson - Riverdale Baptist (Md.)
McPhearson, the owner of seven Power 5 conference offers, could see his next one coming in from Rutgers.

"Coach Panagos and I have talked via the phone and Twitter," said McPhearson.

McPhearson comes from a family which has sent four brothers to play college football at the BCS level and another to Major League Baseball. He is planning to take a visit to Rutgers in the near future along with some of the other schools that have offered, including Big Ten foes Ohio State and Michigan State.

This post was edited on 2/24 3:46 AM by Bobby Deren

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.