ADVERTISEMENT

***Tuesday Recruiting Rundown 3/10***

bobby deren

Heisman Winner
Feb 8, 2007
QB Anthony Russo - Archbishop Wood (Pa.)
The most recent RU offeree at quarterback, Russo spent some one on one time with offensive coordinator Ben McDaniels on Saturday.

"We really just did some basic X's and O's and some of Rutgers' basic protections and reads and that stuff," said Russo. "We watched the fourth quarter of the Seahawks-Patriots Super Bowl and compared the Patriots offense to Rutgers because it's very similar. It was a real good experience."

While much of the focus of QB recruiting in the class of 2016 has been on Jarrett Guarantano and Dwayne Haskins, McDaniels has long been a fan of Russo's skillset.

"He said I fit the offense perfectly and he loves how comfortable I am in the pocket and how I can make plays in and out of the pocket," Russo said of McDaniels.

DT Tymir Oliver - West Catholic (Pa.)
The defensive tackle will be visiting Rutgers today and he has been a strong RU lean for quite some time. Oliver has alluded to the fact that if things went extremely well, there is a chance he could wind up committing. However, that is not a guarantee that something is bound to happen this afternoon.

CB Andrew Robertson - Dematha (Md.)
Robertson (5-foot-9, 175 pounds) joined the large number of Maryland prospects at Rutgers Saturday for the program's junior day.

"I had a great time at Rutgers," said Robertson. "I loved the facility, the field, the atmosphere, the jerseys."

Robertson has been hearing mainly from Maryland, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Penn State, North Carolina, and East Carolina. This past Saturday gave him a chance to build a relationship with the Rutgers staff.

"I spoke with the defensive coordinator and defensive back coach and gave them both the link to my highlight tape," said Robertson.

Robertson is known for his ability to play the run and that draws him to the Big Ten style of football.

"That's why I would love to play in the Big Ten because all they do is run the ball."

LB Solomon Manning - Colonia
The local linebacker came down for Rutgers junior day and did not leave with an offer, although he was told exactly what he needs to do in order to earn one.

"I came down last summer to Rutgers and did pretty good. Coach Rossi wasn't too impressed with my 40 time but he was impressed with how I played," Manning said. "He told me to get my 40 time down so I worked all offseason getting my speed down, running track, going to speed camps and stuff like that. He said a 4.7 time was pretty reasonable and I agreed. I am going to come down in the summertime, run a good 40 time and he said if I do that, they will give me the offer."

WR Noah Ellison - Timber Creek
The south Jersey wide receiver is planning to visit Rutgers on April 4th, which will be the first Saturday practice of the spring and first day in full pads. Ellison currently holds offers from Pitt and Temple. Rutgers already has quite a few offers out to wide receiver prospects in the class of 2016, so it will be interesting to see how things develop with Ellison.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News