ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Updated heights / weights for 2024-25 RHoops roster

1. How long til we get someone questioning their height, when EVERYONE in HS, college and beyond bumps their height about an inch. Everyone does it.

2. Pike and staff brought in leaders and they brought in a ton of length. 8 players that are 6’6” and taller. And the short guy is Acuff at 6’4”. Think about how difficult it is to attack that length.

Length is our strength.

Reactions: BillyC80
1. How long til we get someone questioning their height, when EVERYONE in HS, college and beyond bumps their height about an inch. Everyone does it.

2. Pike and staff brought in leaders and they brought in a ton of length. 8 players that are 6’6” and taller. And the short guy is Acuff at 6’4”. Think about how difficult it is to attack that length.

Length is our strength.
Usually 2-3 inches in basketball, it's laughingly become like WWE. Everyone at the NBA draft were announced at 6'8, but it's the only sport that announces "with shoes" because they want to keep that legend of tall super beings going when they are actually 6'4-6'6. It's pretty funny actually, especially being a close follower of the NFL where every little fraction of an inch is measured (their listings are also exaggerated, but nowhere as crazy.

Some guys are legitimately ginormous, I've met both Shaq and David Robinson before. And Shaq at Royal Rumble a decade ago was great because he made Big Show and Kane look short, especially Show who they used to list at 7'5 lol

Usually 2-3 inches in basketball, it's laughingly become like WWE. Everyone at the NBA draft were announced at 6'8, but it's the only sport that announces "with shoes" because they want to keep that legend of tall super beings going when they are actually 6'4-6'6. It's pretty funny actually, especially being a close follower of the NFL where every little fraction of an inch is measured (their listings are also exaggerated, but nowhere as crazy.

Some guys are legitimately ginormous, I've met both Shaq and David Robinson before. And Shaq at Royal Rumble a decade ago was great because he made Big Show and Kane look short, especially Show who they used to list at 7'5 lol
The NBA measures players without their shoes. Cliff was always listed at 6'11 at Rutgers, but the NBA measured him at 6'9 3/4 without shoes. So with shoes he likely 6'11 with shoes. I think you got it wrong.

The NBA measures players without their shoes. Cliff was always listed at 6'11 at Rutgers, but the NBA measured him at 6'9 3/4 without shoes. So with shoes he likely 6'11 with shoes. I think you got it wrong.
yes the NBA measures both without shoes and with shoes, but when they speak of the players, they use the with shoes height. No other sport does that haha

Reactions: Scarlet1984
yes the NBA measures both without shoes and with shoes, but when they speak of the players, they use the with shoes height. No other sport does that haha

Heights are suspect in every sport.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
Martini was listed at 6'7" at Princeton but at RU he is 6'8", seems like Rutgers exaggerates the heights a bit more than usual.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT