ADVERTISEMENT

Using an older computer

gunboat

Senior
Gold Member
Jan 17, 2007
Navesink River
I have an older Dell XPS laptop running windows 7. I have not been able to sign in to the Round table forum the last two days. So I called Rivals and they said that Internet Explorer is no longer supported and as Rivals did updates Internet Explorer can longer display it. She switched me to Firefox and it works fine. Just an FYI

I have hard time believing that internet explorer is no longer supported bt rivals...doesnt make sense
Depends on how old your IE is.

My IE and version of Windows at work are so old they don't support a lot of things anymore.

But switched to Firefox like somebody already said and much better.

Reactions: RU22
It's that you have an old version of IE. When my company migrated to Windows 7, they didn't upgrade IE for a long time. Eventually Rivals stopped their support for that old version (9 or 10) and I was no longer able to log into this forum. I could read the threads, but could not post since I couldn't log in.

My company finally upgraded to IE 11 a month or so ago and I am no able to log in. All our PCs are still running Windows 7.

I use Chrome on Windows 7 right now, but I'm going to upgrade to Windows 10 soon. I suspect that most of the bugs are out
of it by now.

I have an older Dell XPS laptop running windows 7. I have not been able to sign in to the Round table forum the last two days.
"Your computer's so old that its Round Table is still square."

Last edited:
Reactions: beaced
Definitely switch to Firefox or Chrome in these situations.

I use Chrome on Windows 7 right now, but I'm going to upgrade to Windows 10 soon. I suspect that most of the bugs are out
of it by now.
Make sure you turn off all the settings that automatically send stuff to MSFT. Plenty of articles out there to Google.

I cant believe anyone uses IE any more...its a virus magnet & I dont blame Rivals for ignoring it
and on an old computer it has to be pretty slow(OPERA has a small footprint and runs well on old comps)

but Windows 7????????
wow......even Windows doesnt support it anymore...and they are to stop supporting Windows 8 and 8.1
very soon

I have a fairly new laptop...LOVE Windows 10 and use Chrome and FF....

Microsoft will support 7 until 2020 and 8 until 2023...Windows 7 is fine and still comes preinstalled on business computers...but agree IE sucks lol.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/lifecycle

I cant believe anyone uses IE any more...its a virus magnet & I dont blame Rivals for ignoring it
and on an old computer it has to be pretty slow(OPERA has a small footprint and runs well on old comps)

but Windows 7????????
wow......even Windows doesnt support it anymore...and they are to stop supporting Windows 8 and 8.1
very soon

I have a fairly new laptop...LOVE Windows 10 and use Chrome and FF....

Reactions: RshowoffU
Using win 7 with IE 11 at this moment and it works fine. like someone I believe mentioned yer prolly using and older IE version that is non longer supported

but Windows 7????????
Uh-oh, I guess I shouldn't bring up my Windows XP machine.....

Uh-oh, I guess I shouldn't bring up my Windows XP machine.....
feel free
if you have a machine that runs on decade old stuff good for you!

Ive used mine until they die.....my past one had XP.....and W7 and would only work with Opera RIP...but I regularly got pups and viruses...and it was soooo slow.....3 mbps on a good day

My new Toshiba is at 31mbps....its like a jet....
and as we speak I am on my houseboat 5mi off Key West and its picking up the wi fi like a champ!
I listened to the entire RU/Minn game

Chrome is no longer supported for my computer (Windows Vista)...i am hoping to get at least another year from this thing.

of it by now.

I upgraded to Windows 10 and a lot of my programs won't work. It is also more difficult to navigate around the program. I cannot figure out how to change my default printer. Watch out for the new version on Office. It is stripped down, Microsoft wants you to shell out ten bucks a month for the additional programs.

large corporations are very conservative and are always a generation or 2 behind. The company I work for updgraded to Windows 7 over the past year for over 20k employees. We have IE9 for corporate applications but are in the process of upgrading to Windows 11.

IE and Windows 7 not a problem here. Also have my old laptop running XP which has my business records and an XP desk top that has lots of ganes on it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT