ADVERTISEMENT

very early NJ wish-list for 2017 class

ruready07

All American
Apr 15, 2003
Not as deep as 2016 but there is a ton of quality talent in the 2017 class. Here are my top recruits who would be great additions to the program:

Ath: Naijee Jones - Timber Creek (already committed)
LB: Louis Acceus - St Joes Montvale
DT: Fred Hansard - Hun School
DT: Dalyn Wade-Perry - Pope John
Ath: Markeese Bell - Birdgeton
OL: Robert Martin - St Joes Montvale
OL: Josh Fedd-Jackson - St Joes Montvale
OL: Carter Warren - Passaic Tech
OL: Micah Clark - St John Vianney
QB: John Lewis - St Peters
DE: Mike Tverdov - Union (would be great to have another Tverdov tank in the program)

Reactions: NickyNewark51
In case you haven't seen it yet, here's an interesting site.....
http://www.rankbyoffers.com/2017fbplayers/

ranking by offers is a reasonable way to get a good feel for stuff, although there are times where schools don't even bother to offer someone like Rashan Gary because they already know the answer.....so in his case, he was not number 1 overall in 2016 using this metric....Parker Boudreaux was.

Of course, this method alone doesn't count for character, academics system fit or general culture fit, either.....

Iynh1jm.png

Reactions: redking
This is nice to see him excited....he already can pick where he wants to go.

Admit it, if he chooses RU next year, that right there would be the A-bomb that we all want....the kind of thing that would stifle any critic and make the world take notice.....it's certainly a big IF, but you can't rule it out. At this point, all you can hope for is for the kid to be honest with Ash.

Last edited:
Micah Clark (rated as No. 36 prospect nationally per one site.) has some great quotes about the new staff out there today.....looks like he has a great relationship with them already and personally senses the huge and the subtle changes to the RU program.

He already has everyone in the country coming after him, but this looks like a very unique situation where the proximity to Rutgers might make him feel like a part of the family already. I'd rate him as a higher priority than hansArd, because reasons.

Micah Clark (rated as No. 36 prospect nationally per one site.) has some great quotes about the new staff out there today.....looks like he has a great relationship with them already and personally senses the huge and the subtle changes to the RU program.

He already has everyone in the country coming after him, but this looks like a very unique situation where the proximity to Rutgers might make him feel like a part of the family already. I'd rate him as a higher priority than hansArd, because reasons.

Care to share the quotes?

Or are these the quotes?:
"This is on the record and you can put it out," Clark said. "Rutgers is high on my list."

"Honestly, it's like a big change from when I first went there to their spring practice and when I went to the spring game," Clark said. "The atmosphere, I feel, is different. The coaching staff is 10 times different. I feel they are for the players now. They want to see what is in your best interest. They're not all for football, football, football. They are for academics, family, then football."

Care to share the quotes?
From free article on scout.... Last time I crossed linked they deleted.

He just seems like a kid who is more into the personal development aspect than the football factory aspect, so that's why I'd say he deserves top priority overall for RU now.

hansard and a deep ol are my only wishes anything additional is just gravy. Our RB core is solid and well more than likely pick up Bo Melton(very underrated) also.

Ash also offered Clark's brother:
Better throw some WR's on that list. RU loses Grant, Patton, and Agudosi after this year.

A fast WR on the roster that comes to mind is rising fresman Jawuan Harris. We also have Rashad Blunt out of Florida.
Hoping that Quentin's brother Joseph develops with the new staff. We also have Dontae Owens and Vance Matthews who saw some action last year, as well as a few other, but yes, WR is a position of major need for recruiting in 2017. Feel the need for speed!

They say you need a serious o-line to win the Big Ten. Well, there are a few high level o-line recruits in state, and we need to get them in to our program.

If Lumpkin gets picked up somewhere, it will definitely help

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT