ADVERTISEMENT

Football VIDEO: Greg Schiano talks Penn State postgame

I've posted previously that I'm concerned that Schiano may have lost the fire in the belly that helped make him effective. But I am struck by how much emotion he displays here.

Note that he talks about getting better at one thing at a time. That makes me think he wants emphasize success in the running game before the passing game.

I've posted previously that I'm concerned that Schiano may have lost the fire in the belly that helped make him effective. But I am struck by how much emotion he displays here.

Note that he talks about getting better at one thing at a time. That makes me think he wants emphasize success in the running game before the passing game.
As to your first point, he has aged and is more measured in his approach. He doesn't lose his cool, and he trusts the process.

As to your second point, he diplomatically indicated that they don't have the depth, personnel or talent to handle an edge rush like Penn State has. So the focus goes back to the run game.

Reactions: NickRU714
Well we didn’t have the depth, personnel or talent to run to up the middle all game either.

We had enough depth, personnel and talent to get more passing yards than rushing yards despite 3x less attempts.

Would have preferred if HC Schiano was honest and just said “the staff wasn’t prepared to throw the ball more and we were sticking to our run up the middle plan regardless of results.” because that is what seemed to occur.

Well we didn’t have the depth, personnel or talent to run to up the middle all game either.

We had enough depth, personnel and talent to get more passing yards than rushing yards despite 3x less attempts.

Would have preferred if HC Schiano was honest and just said “the staff wasn’t prepared to throw the ball more and we were sticking to our run up the middle plan regardless of results.” because that is what seemed to occur.
We can agree to disagree here. The strip sack or whatever you want to call it and the edge rushing could have eventually got our QB injured.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT