ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball VIDEO: Pikiell talks first practice, previews 2019-2020 season

Tells it like it is. Complimentary to his players but completely genuine.

Only wish he had been asked about defense. Curious how he would couch it after his previous comment (“we’re not very good defensively“) and what specifically needs work.

I miss the RAC broom closet for interviews.... that room is way too clean for Rutgers.......

Last edited:
I miss the RAC broom closet for interviews.... that room is way to clean for Rutgers.......

Actually, the room seems to be too open and empty, causing the sound to be too loud (kind of like a bedroom or room that has no furniture.

Anyone know what I mean?

Maybe they should add noise dampeners or something to the room or its walls to make the sound better and less cavernous.

I thought I was so interesting when a reporter asked Pike about his lack of front depth. Coach's response was that we have too many bodies!!! I thought it was a valid question and even J Carino in the June podcast spoke about that RU needs to get another BIG!!! Maybe Pike has told team after Gene left that I'm not going after another BIG and it's up to you guys to stay healthy and stay out of foul trouble if you want additional minutes. I like Pike challenging our BIGS. He's also talking up Duke as a viable bench guy that he's excited about. Time for Duke to step up because we will need him!

Reactions: Scangg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT