ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball VIDEO: Pikiell talks RHoops, two weeks into practice

Well, Coach Pikiell really impresses me with things like already preparing for the teams that will push it up vs the teams that will walk it up (1/2 court). A lot of work to do but you know he knows what to do and prepare for.
Great HC! I like Pike!!!

Doesn’t mince words about things that need work, yet finds ways to praise individuals, especially for their hard work. Loved his answer about what has stuck out the most over the first 2 weeks of practice: “We’re competitive.”

Reactions: Scangg and NJDOVES
Defense is a big issue. Be concerned when every conversation he talks about it. If we aren’t an average defensive team .500 is the ceiling.

Defense is a big issue. Be concerned when every conversation he talks about it. If we aren’t an average defensive team .500 is the ceiling.

Average in the country or average in the conference? Big difference there.

I think it’s awesome that Pike openly says, when asked about defense, “Yeah, we’re not good.”

He’s not a bullshitter. Which means, when he speaks highly of our offense, multiple outside shooters, guys that will share the ball, etc., that you can believe this team will score points.

In the end I prefer having our offense be ahead of our defense. As we know, defense and rebounding are all about technique and effort, which are coachable things. And we have the right head coach for those things.

I think the team will settle in on D throughout the season. I am happy to see we will have a ton more shooters as a recurring problem in the past was teams being able to collapse on us.

I am worried specifically about our interior D, mainly for depth purposes. Cannot have Myles, Shaq or Duke out early.

Shaq and Myles are depth at five with our wing and forward depth being a strength.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT