ADVERTISEMENT

Football VIDEO: Rutgers Football HC Greg Schiano talks Wisconsin postgame

This never gets old...

42-7 at home vs a team you’re favored against in a season that RU is supposed to be “special “ is so far beyond the line of acceptable that I can’t even stand to listen to a post game comment. Absolutely BS performance
Yeah, it was a bad loss. But (a), if Vegas knew about the injury report ahead of time, there's no way we would have been favored, and (b) all the fanbase and media nonsense about RU being special this year was way, way, way overblown. We were never special. We were looking to be competitive with just about everyone we played as long as we didn't have injuries to key players. And yeah, we have injuries to a bunch of key players.

It was fair to say the schedule was easier than in prior years. But that doesn't mean it is an easy schedule at all. It was never an easy schedule.

It was fair to say we had a lot of returning starters. But that doesn't mean much when most of them are injured.

It's far to say KM is a great RB. But that doesn't mean anything if the OL cannot run block - and in the past two games, they mostly could not run block.

Anyway, I'm not defending Schiano's coaching for the game. When you lose that bad, you can shake your finger at the entire locker room because it was everyone, coaches, players, training staff, etc.

But I am defending his (and every other coach's) postgame press conferences after a bad loss. I'll never understand what fans expect a coach to say, as if saying anything at all will make it better. Most of whatever a coach says in most press conferences is BS anyway so who cares what they say.

What coaches say is almost entirely meaningless. What they do is what matters.

Yeah, it was a bad loss. But (a), if Vegas knew about the injury report ahead of time, there's no way we would have been favored, and (b) all the fanbase and media nonsense about RU being special this year was way, way, way overblown. We were never special. We were looking to be competitive with just about everyone we played as long as we didn't have injuries to key players. And yeah, we have injuries to a bunch of key players.

It was fair to say the schedule was easier than in prior years. But that doesn't mean it is an easy schedule at all. It was never an easy schedule.

It was fair to say we had a lot of returning starters. But that doesn't mean much when most of them are injured.

It's far to say KM is a great RB. But that doesn't mean anything if the OL cannot run block - and in the past two games, they mostly could not run block.

Anyway, I'm not defending Schiano's coaching for the game. When you lose that bad, you can shake your finger at the entire locker room because it was everyone, coaches, players, training staff, etc.

But I am defending his (and every other coach's) postgame press conferences after a bad loss. I'll never understand what fans expect a coach to say, as if saying anything at all will make it better. Most of whatever a coach says in most press conferences is BS anyway so who cares what they say.

Don’t even go to the injury BS.
Wisc is missing their starting QB and RB and we just got absolutely rolled

Is there a program out there that has had more serious injuries during the course of the season than UCLA? So, I guess both sets of coaches next week get a free pass if they lose based on injuries.

I hope the fan base learns something from this as well... and that they apply the lesson to our basketball team. I see very unrealistic expectations over on that side as well.

Last year was seen as successful.. largely because of the miracle comeback versus Michigan State. What would we have expected this year is we went 5-7 rather than 6-6 and never got to the Pinstripe to beat Miami?

At best, that's a coin flip between "success" and high expectations for this year and hope that this is the year we get that 6th win and see an earned bowl game.

Our Big Ten schedule, last year or this.. had ZERO sure victories on it with maybe half the games possible victories.

All that said.. Schiano is right.. UNACCEPTIBLE. But now what?

We shall see by next Saturday.

Is there a program out there that has had more serious injuries during the course of the season than UCLA? So, I guess both sets of coaches next week get a free pass if they lose based on injuries.
Who said anything about giving anybody “a pass”? As if fans giving or not giving a coach a pass means anything.

Has nothing to do with any one individual. Just too much comfortableness and deference to a couple of head coaches who are getting paid a lot of money for mediocre results.
Schiano still has things on the right track

Baumgartner is a no brainer. We wont do better

Well we are losing 48 Seniors this year so the rebuild starts again waiting for the development to catch up , I don’t understand how Indiana is 6-0 with a rebuild roster.

Reactions: MikeRU09
Well we are losing 48 Seniors this year so the rebuild starts again waiting for the development to catch up , I don’t understand how Indiana is 6-0 with a rebuild roster.
Indiana has played nobody worth crap.

Good point on Rutgers. This will be the song Rutgers plays coming out of the tunnel next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT